Job Title: Human Resource Assistant – NFA Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: National Forestry Authority (NFA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Human Resource Officer
National Forestry Authority Profile:
The National Forestry Authority (NFA) is a Government agency established under the National Forestry and Tree Planting Act, 2003 as a corporate body responsible for sustainable development and management of Central Forest Reserves (CFRs) and provision of technical support to stakeholders in the forestry sub-sector. NFA’s vision is “A sufficiently forested, ecologically stable and economically prosperous Uganda”, while its Mission is “To manage Central Forest Reserves on a sustainable basis and to supply high-quality forestry- related products and services to Government, local communities and the private sector”.
The Human Resource Assistant will provide support services to the Human Resource Unit in the area of data and information management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Keeping track of staff appraisals to ensure that all staff are appraised.
- Updating the Human Resource Information System and producing relevant reports.
- Keeping track of staff contract expiry dates and informing the HR Officer.
- Drafting correspondences from the HR Unit.
- Development and maintenance of a proper filing and retrieval system and ensuring timely transfer of files to the registry.
- Ensure that all the necessary documents are maintained on employee Personal Confidential Files.
- Prepare and monitor the Authority’s leave roaster.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- The applicant for the National Forestry Authority (NFA) Human Resource Assistant job must hold a Bachelor’s Degree (Honours) in Human Resource Management, Social Sciences, or Industrial Psychology from a recognized institution.
- At least two (2) years of working experience in a similar or related position in a reputable organization.
- Computer knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel.
- Knowledge of the HR Information System or the Human Resource Management System will be an added advantage.
- Ability to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Knowledge of various employment laws and practices.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
How to Apply for NFA Uganda Jobs 2020 – Human Resource Assistant:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit their applications, certified copies of academic certificates, transcripts and curriculum vitae giving full details of applicants’ education, qualifications, experience (with evidence), present salary, three referees with their full postal address, e-mail and telephone contacts as well as the candidate’s full address and e-mail to the address below. Applications should be addressed to:
The Executive Director,
National Forestry Authority,
Plot10/20 Spring Road, Bugolobi,
P.O. Box 70863, Kampala. Uganda
Tel: 0312 – 264035/6; 0414 -360400
Deadline: 17th January 2020
NB: No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.