Job Title: Receptionist/ Administrative Assistant – GIZ Uganda Jobs 2020
Reports to: Administration Officer
Duty Station: Soroti
Organization: GIZ Uganda
GIZ Uganda Profile:
GIZ-RELAPU is a bilateral project of the Republic of Uganda and tire Federal Republic of Germany funded by the German Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). RELAPU aims “to improve access to land as a key precondition for poverty and hunger reduction in rural areas for certain population groups, especially for women and marginalized groups, in Central and North-Eastern Uganda.
The Five-year (May 2016 – October 2021) project component on securing of customary land rights is targeting the two districts of Soroti and Katakwi in the Teso sub-region. And has expanded to now five (5) sub-counties.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Liaising with customers in a service-oriented manner on behalf of oi the office by providing professional phone services, personally welcoming visitors and maintaining a high standard in the reception area.
• Performing reception and secretarial services on a daily basis.
• Manages daily office operations
• Managing ﬁre project office facilities
• Supporting the organization of events and meetings
In this context, tire Receptionist! Administration Assistant fulﬂ is the following tasks:
• Answers and accepts phone calls and messages and/or forwards them
• Maintains a call backlist of all incoming calls which cannot be taken by the relevant staff member
• Registers, documents and organizes incoming and outgoing correspondence (e-mails, packages, and personally delivered messages)
• Ensures deputation for other staff members
• Ensures visitors are comfortable by offering newspapers, refreshments etc.
Office work and services
• Ensures the creation and/or regular updating of a list of contacts and addresses (telephone, e-mail)
• Sorts and distributes incoming correspondence (e-mail, fax, other official documents)
• Makes photocopies and scans documents if and when required,
Support to Administrative Experts
• Supports the preparation and organization of events, meetings, and activities in close collaboration with the stall members of the project (invitation letters, reservations, reimbursement of transport allowance and per diem, etc.)
• Complies and organizes information materials
• Labels files according to GIZ ﬁling system
• Fills lists and tables according to the specific instructions of the administrative expert
• Assists in preparing inventory lists
• Maintains a record of service requests
• Prepares invoices! receipts ready for stamping and have them signed by the responsible people
• Assists in the preparations for internal control
• Updates training, consultancy lists, and databases as advised by the technical staff
• Prepares advance and refund calculations for work-related trips
• Updates business cards to the contact list
• Regularly updates the fuel consumption of all project vehicles
• Checks the logbooks of all project vehicles
• Maintains the project office stock
• Assures facility management of the project office and initiates in accordance with management repairs, maintenance, etc.
• Prepares financial document (vouchers, receipts, etc.) to be delivered to the Finance Manager
Other duties/additional tasks
• Performs other duties and tasks at tie request of management
• Undertakes further job training related to his/her position and duties, if required. Special training programs shall be identified and selected jointly with the Team leader.
• Assists in and/or carries out other project activities and other tasks as assigned, e.g. focal point for Hill, gender, security, etc., if required.
• Diploma in secretarial studies, administration, accounting, procurement or any related field.
• Atleast 1-3 years‘ professional experience in a comparable position
Other knowledge. additional competences
• Good working knowledge of IIC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
• Very good written and oral knowledge of English and Ateso languages. Kumam language of advantage
• Politeness and helpfulness in dealing with visitors
• Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed » corresponding measures are agreed with management
How To Apply For GIZ Uganda Jobs 2020 – Administrative Assistant
All interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply by submitting their application and CV along with the three professional referees to:
The Director, Future Options Consulting Ltd,
by email: firstname.lastname@example.org ; quoting the position you are applying for and the reference N0. as the subject.
Deadline: Applications should be received by 5.00 pm on the 13th of January 2020.
Please note: This is a national position. Application and Olshould be in one document and a maximum of 4 pages only.
No other attachments are required at this stage. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We encourage women, people with disabilities and minority groups ta apply for this position.
GIZ is committed to equal opportunities and diversity of perspective at the working place.
Disclaimer: GIZ DOES NOT charge any kind of FEE(s) at whichever stage