Job Title: Office assistant – UNBS Jobs 2020
Organization: Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS)
Duration: Three-year renewable contract basis
Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS) Profile:
UNBS Jobs 2020: Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS) is a statutory body under the Ministry of Trade Industry and Cooperatives responsible for standardization, Quality Assurance, Metrology and Laboratory Testing (SQMT) with the objective of facilitating fair trade, promoting local industries and Consumer protection.
- Collect and distribute both external and internal office documents, newspapers, bulletins and messages on prescribed schedules in line with UNBS office management guidelines
- Assist in photocopying of documents as may be required by your office superiors
- Filing of documents as may be required by your office superiors
- Offer boardroom services whenever needed such as the organization of boardroom for meetings and serving of necessary refreshments
- Monitor drinking water levels, clean the dispenser corn and fix water bottles on dispensers, also avail drinking glasses whenever the need arises and properly keep the empty bottles for refilling in your area of jurisdiction
- Opening and closing offices and provide office security support in consultation with both the security and Administrative Officers in accordance with administrative policies and guidelines
- Clean and maintain office premises in accordance with UNBS policies.
- Run official errands as may be required by your superiors
Required Knowledge, Education, Skills, and Abilities
- The applicants should preferably hold certificate hospitality, Administration or any related field from a recognized Institution
- Must have competence in Motorcycle riding with a valid permit
- At least one (1) year working experience
- Age: Between 20 and 30 years
How to Apply:
Interested persons with the requirements are encouraged to apply as per the guidance below;
- Please follow the link thus; https://hrm.unbs.go.ug/jobs/apply
- Use your email address for registration
- Fill in all tabs as per the application as required
- Attach your updated CV with mobile telephone numbers indicated, copies of academic qualifications and national identity card under the tab for documents
- Complete your application by clicking ‘submit application’
- No hand delivered applications will be received
- Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- UNBS does not request for any payments at any stage of recruitment and review process
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Candidates who responded to the earlier advertisement DO NOT NEED TO REAPPLY.
Deadline: 17th January 2020, 5.00pm