Job Title: Administrative Assistant – Deposit Protection Fund Uganda Jobs
Organization: Deposit Protection Fund of Uganda (DPF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head Human Resource and Administration
Deposit Protection Fund of Uganda Profile:
The Deposit Protection Fund of Uganda (DPF) is a Ugandan government agency that provides deposit insurance to depositors in Ugandan Banks, Credit Institutions and Microfinance Deposit-taking Institutions (MDIs).
The incumbent will be required to both take direction and work intuitively to support the completion of the Fund’s goals and objectives in a professionally and culturally appropriate manner.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the Fund’s administrative activities in an effective, up to date, and accurate manner.
- Perform administrative and clerical support to the assigned department in accomplishing their roles and responsibilities.
- Serve as the coordinator of the assigned department’s information, reporting, and communication strategies and activities.
- Handles office tasks, such as filing, generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings, and reordering supplies.
- Provides real-time scheduling support by booking appointments and preventing conflicts.
- Makes travel arrangements, such as booking flights, cars, and making hotel and restaurant reservations.
- Screens phone calls and routing callers to the appropriate party.
- Performs general accounting and bookkeeping duties.
- Uses computers to generate reports, transcribe minutes from meetings, create presentations, and conduct research.
- Warmly receives and assists visitors.
- Handles incoming and outgoing correspondences.
- Maintains polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Anticipates the needs of others in order to ensure their seamless and positive experience.
- Maintains a proper and user-friendly filing and document control system for recording and tracking of all documents.
- Keeps stock of stationery supplies for the department.
- Puts up purchase requests for all approved purchases for the necessary approvals and verify invoices for the raised purchases upon delivery of goods and services.
- Creates and maintains useful databases for the department.
- Assists the department head to maintain proper attendance and tracking report for the Dept.
- Suggests changes to office task workflow to improve efficiency.
- Runs out-of-office errands for executives.
- Ensures office is always kept clean and organized.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned, within your scope of practice.
- A first-class or upper second-class bachelor’s degree in secretarial studies, office administration or related field, from an accredited institution, is essential.
- 3+ years’ work experience as an Administrative Assistant in a busy organization is essential.
- Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) certification or related professional certification is desired.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS office packages is desirable.
How to Apply for Deposit Protection Fund Uganda Jobs – No Experience Investments Officer:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 30th January 2020 by 5:00 pm.
NB: No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.