Job Title: IT OPERATIONS OFFICER – Deposit Protection Fund Uganda Jobs
Organization: Deposit Protection Fund of Uganda (DPF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager, IT Operations
Provide user and technical support and maintenance of the Fund’s IT infrastructure.
Deposit Protection Fund of Uganda Profile:
The Deposit Protection Fund of Uganda (DPF) is a Ugandan government agency that provides deposit insurance to depositors in Ugandan Banks, Credit Institutions and Microfinance Deposit-taking Institutions (MDIs).
Roles and responsibilities:
- Maintain and prepare all paperwork for various IT activities.
- Provide performance backup to retrieve data in case of emergency.
- Assist staff to check and ensure resolution of computer issues.
- Monitor computer operating systems.
- Upgrade systems and escalate issues.
- Ensure optimal performance and maintain records of service level agreements.
- Documents issues and resolutions and track calls using current call tracking system and follow-up with users on open tickets.
- Maintains technical documentation of networks, upgraded systems and associated architecture and IT standards and practices for IT systems acquisition, development and operations.
- Maintains an inventory of software licenses, hardware equipment and applications deployed in all environments at the Deposit Protection Fund.
- Conducts user acceptance testing of new and upgraded IT infrastructure.
- Conduct technical reviews of own documents to achieve high quality and conformity to the Fund standards.
- Performs general preventative maintenance tasks including patching and upgrades. on computers, laptops, printers, servers and any other authorized peripheral equipment.
- Carries out evaluations of software or hardware and recommend improvements or upgrades.
- Deals with hardware and application support queries and issues reported to the support desk and escalated issues which cannot be resolved internally but require external vendor assistance.
- Resolves identified vulnerabilities on the Fund’s computing equipment (i.e. servers, workstations, laptops, tablets, smartphones, etc.).
- Participates in testing of patches and vulnerability remediation solutions before application to production environment.
- Conducts technical review of own documents to achieve high quality and conformity to the Deposit Protection Fund standards.
- Manages network infrastructure devices such as firewalls, switches and wireless access points including installation, upgrades, and hardware refreshes.
- Reviews alerts and notifications generated by the remote monitoring and management system and resolve accordingly.
- Provides administration, support, and maintenance of the Fund’s IT Infrastructure and Security tools.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned, within your scope of practice.
- System and process change requests.
- IT infrastructure configuration documents and status reports
- Technical investigation reports.
- Periodic training needs assessments and quality reviews.
- Acceptance Test Plans for business applications, testing schedules and reports.
- Service Call updates, IT system incidents, applications and database status reports.
- Technical documentation and reports e.g. IT Policies, Current Practices (MCPs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Technical feature specifications for new systems.
- A first-class or upper second-class bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, information systems/technology, engineering or other quantitative fields, from an accredited institution, is essential.
- Professional certifications in relevant fields such as ITIL, CISSP, CCNA, CCNP MCSE Server Infrastructure, and other Microsoft and Cisco certifications are desired.
- Knowledge and experience with UNIX/Linux/Windows server systems administration are desirable.
- Knowledge or experience delivering mail, storage (SANs), NTP, VoIP, DNS, RADIUS, Web, Virtualization is desirable.
- Knowledge or experience in server virtualization, Cisco Firewalls, Switches, Domain Name Services, and Active Directory Services is desirable.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS office packages is desirable.
- Prior work experience is not a must.
How to Apply for Deposit Protection Fund Uganda Jobs – No Experience Graduate IT Operations Officer:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 30th January 2020 by 5:00 pm.
NB: No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.