Job Title: Administrative Assistant – Windle International Uganda Jobs
Organization: Windle International Uganda
Duty Station: Field-based
Windle International Uganda Profile:
Windle International Uganda (WIU) formerly Windle Trust Uganda is a registered INGO whose primary mission is to provide peace and development in communities through promotion and coordination of Education and Training opportunities for refugees and people affected by the conflict in Africa.
Windle International Uganda is the lead partner of UNHCR in implementing Education Projects in Uganda with close collaboration with the Government of Uganda through the Office of the Prime Minister. With funding from UNHCR, WIU seeks to recruit a suitably qualified person for the following position.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for supporting the day to day running of the administrative function at the field level, most notably, stores and inventory management. He/ She will perform duties related to the distribution of supplies and managing stock while working closely with both the finance and the Human Resources Department to be able to deliver in these areas.
Roles and Responsibilities:
I. Stock keeping and Inventory Management
- Verifying receipt of supplies
- Sort, organize and store inventory in storage space
- Package items for dispatch and delivery; follow up and endure receipt of dispatched items/ documents
- Receive parcels and documents delivered to the Field Office
- Report damaged or missing inventory to supervisors
- Filing of distribution reports Stack and organize stock and bulk items received in the storage area
- Remove inventory from trucks and ensure they have properly stored
- Update logs and documentation for inventory
- Support the team in preparation of documentation for audits
- Responsible for reporting minor repairs in the office
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies; informing responsible persons to expedite requests for supplies;
II. Finance, Human Resource, and Administration
- Support Submit accurate stock reports to the Finance Assistant as required
- Participate in drawing distribution plans with Programs teams,
- Support in the payment of utility bills when instructed
- Supports HRA in keeping up to date fuel records and logbooks when required
- Support the coordination of the Logistics function as directed
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Prepare for and take accurate minutes of meetings
- Oversee and supervise the work of junior support staff
- Maintain up-to-date employee leave records
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning, etc.
III. General Office Administration:
- Support other staff activities by typing, photocopying and printing documents
- Assist in record keeping
- Offer guidance and support supervision to the administrative staff;
- Office Assistant,
- Guesthouse Attendant,
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Social sciences, or any related field
- A minimum of 1 year’s related experience
- Mastery of office software (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is a requirement
- Good interpersonal and public relation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Problem-solving and creativity
- Time Management
- Demonstrated communication skills – both verbal and written
- Affinity to teamwork and a willingness to learn
- Proactiveness and Ability to meet tight deadlines
How To Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below.
For Inquiries please contact Windle International Uganda HR Help Desk email email@example.com
Deadline: 13th January 2020.
- Applicants must have no history of violation of Children’s Rights and Child Protection
- Windle International is an equal opportunity employer; Women and People with disabilities who qualify for any of the above vacancies are encouraged to apply.
- Windle International Uganda does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. No canvassing or lobbying will be tolerated. Individuals found to have done so will be disqualified and blacklisted.
NB: No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.