Job Title: Accounts and Finance Assistants – Windle International Uganda Jobs
Organization: Windle International Uganda
Duty Station: Field-based
Windle International Uganda Profile:
Windle International Uganda (WIU) formerly Windle Trust Uganda is a registered INGO whose primary mission is to provide peace and development in communities through promotion and coordination of Education and Training opportunities for refugees and people affected by the conflict in Africa.
Windle International Uganda is the lead partner of UNHCR in implementing Education Projects in Uganda with close collaboration with the Government of Uganda through the Office of the Prime Minister. With funding from UNHCR, WIU seeks to recruit a suitably qualified person for the following position.
The Accounts and Finance Assistant will contribute to the day to day implementation of the department accounting systems, policies, and procedures. He/ she will support the department through the collection, processing, recording, reconciliation, and reporting of financial data, verifying the validity, completeness, and accuracy of the source of documentation.
The Finance Assistant is responsible for ensuring all payments to service providers and other clients are processed timely; preparing monthly financial reports, maintaining complete and proper records of revenue, accountability, expenditure, assets, and liabilities and ensures the accuracy and integrity of financial information.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all cash balances received within the week should be banked intact at least once a week.
- Issue receipts for any cash and deposits received and keep proper records of all these in the system for reconciliation purposes
- Provide for and take safe custody of receipt books, vouchers, money and other items of value in line with finance policies and procedures.
- Update and reconcile all cash books on a daily basis and ascertain closing balances for record purposes.
- Monitor and track all cash advances and inform staff of their obligation of advances.
- Check for accuracy, completeness, and coding before transactions are entered into the accounting system.
- Enter all paid transactions into the accounting system
- File all payment vouchers that have been entered into the accounting system by their categories.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements for all bank accounts at the Field office
- Prepare cash count certificates on a weekly basis, month-end and as when petty cash is required.
- Ensure compliance to WIU Finance Policies and procedures at the designated Field location
- Monitor cash levels to ensure liquidity position at all times for smooth operations.
- Inventory Management: Supervise periodic stock counts and prepare accurate monthly inventory reports for the Field Storage units Submit required reports and related documentation to the respective Regional Accountant periodically/ as requested.
Bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce, BSc Finance and Accounting from a recognized Institution.
UDBS, Accounting technician qualification with practical experience
At least 2 years’ relevant experience as an accounting technician
Proficient use of the QuickBooks Accounting Software is desirable
Experience working in Refugee operations and rural NGO setting is an added advantage
ACCA/CPA is an added advantage.
How To Apply For Windle International Uganda Jobs – Several Accounts & Finance Assistants:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below.
For Inquiries please contact Windle International Uganda HR Help Desk email email@example.com
Deadline: 13th January 2020.
- Applicants must have no history of violation of Children’s Rights and Child Protection
- Windle International is an equal opportunity employer; Women and People with disabilities who qualify for any of the above vacancies are encouraged to apply.
- Windle International Uganda does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. No canvassing or lobbying will be tolerated. Individuals found to have done so will be disqualified and blacklisted.
NB: No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.