Organization: Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) Uganda
Reports To: Operations specialist
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Uganda, the direct supervision of the Operations Specialist, and in close coordination with operations and administrative personnel, the Operations Assistant will perform a variety of routine administrative and operational tasks in support of office activities.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) Profile:
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Our goal is to achieve food security for all and make sure that people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active, healthy lives. With over 194 member states, FAO works in over 130 countries worldwide. We believe that everyone can play a part in ending hunger.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Verify availability of funds under all projects/programmes (including Field Budget Authorizations – FBAs) and ensure that operational expenditures are in accordance with approved budgets;
- Maintain detailed records of projects/programmes expenditures, commitments and forecasts, and available balance;
- Retrieve, enter, select and analyse data from a wide variety of sources, including FAO’s corporate systems and databases (FPMIS, COIN, GRMS, etc.);
- Assist in the financial management of ongoing projects and in the operational/administrative follow-up of project management actions flagged in FAO’s Field Programme Management Information System (FPMIS);
- Take corrective measures to overcome operational constraints, including reconciliation of expenditures, balances, payments and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports;
- Assist in ensuring that timely action is taken by the programme/project teams in all areas of programme/project implementation, including, but not limited to, procurement, human resources, financial and narrative reporting, project opening and closure.
- Assist in advising the programme/project teams on the most efficient and effective methods of project/programme delivery, particularly regarding specific actions and/or project activities.
- Carry out project opening, budget revisions, project closures and other project-related actions in FPMIS, ensuring that FAO’s Project Cycle Management guidelines are applied in all phases of project management;
- Assist in the preparation of project financial reporting, whenever required;
- Participate in the consolidation of budget proposals;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- University degree in public administration, business administration, economics or a closely related field.
- At least two years of relevant experience
- Working knowledge of English
- National of Uganda
- Excellent knowledge of EXCEL©.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural team, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of UN rules and procedures is desirable
How To Apply For FAO Uganda Jobs 2020 – Operations Assistant
Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 23/Jan/2020, 11:59:00 PM
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
NOTE: No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.