Job Title: Health Information Assistants – IRC Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile:
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving are and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting nationals, refugees and various institutions in the country notably the government, community-based organizations, civil society and the private sector. The current program portfolio in Uganda includes health, peacebuilding, gender-based violence, economic recovery and agribusiness, and children & youth. https://www.rescue.org/country/Uganda. IRC has a country office in Kampala, a regional office in Kitgum, and Moroto. Given the recent conflict outbreak in South Sudan, IRC re-opened the Yumbe Field site office to support refugees being settled in the Bidibidi refugee settlement in Yumbe District and in Arua District; the IRC is one of the first responders to this emergency situation.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, the Health Information Assistant will be based in the field-Health Facility and shall be responsible for providing smooth flow and access to information through records management for action and decision making.
S/he will record data, provide guidance on data recording, compilation, use, reporting, and management. S/he will produce and submit Periodic health activity reports.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure the use of standard MoH/Donor data tools and reporting Forms
- Facilitate smooth flow and access to information through records management for action and decision making.
- Guidance on data recording, use, reporting, and management.
- Periodic reports submitted.
Key Activities and Outputs
- Ensure the availability and use of Standard/revised HMIS/HIS data tools at all departments of the health facility.
- Providing guidance on use of the HMIS/HIS data tools to ensure completeness, consistency, and correctness in filling the registers.
- Register all patients, classify/tally and summarize the data according to the acceptable reporting formats.
- Promptly provide data on notifiable/integrated disease surveillance and response.
- Prepare and timely submit daily, weekly and monthly data from all facility departments for making reports.
- Provide feedback to the facility staff on health service provision for decision making.
- Enter data into the electronic database.
- Imparting knowledge and skills to staff by organizing CME sessions, mentorships and review meetings on data management.
- Participate in capacity building activities (Trainings, Orientations, Mentorship, meetings etc).
- Adhering to Professional Code of Conduct and Ethics.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Diploma or certificate in Medical records and Health Management Information System from a recognized, licensed and accredited institution with at least one year of progressive
- experience in health record management –Essential.
- Applied Knowledge in use of HMIS/HIS data tools.
- Good Computer skills including Ms Excel and Word
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Minimum of 1 year of work experience in a busy health setting.
- Ability to completely record, accurately compile and Produce timely reports.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in hardship areas (previous experience in a camp setting will be an added advantage).
- Flexible and able to work with a team in a dynamic and diverse environment.
- Good standard of spoken and written English Language.
- Ability to speak any of the languages spoken in South Sudan is an added advantage.
How To Apply For IRC Uganda Jobs 2020 – Diploma Health Information Assistants
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below.
Deadline for receiving applications is Friday January 24th, 2020
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis