Job Title: 160 Field Supervisors – UBOS Jobs 2020
Organization: Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Statistician- BEC
Job Ref: UBOS/BEC/FS/20
Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) Profile:
The Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) is a semi-autonomous body established by the Uganda Bureau of Statistics Act, 1998, to promote the production of reliable official statistics and ensure the development and maintenance of the National Statistical System (NSS). The mandate of the Bureau is the production, coordination and dissemination of official statistics. The Bureau intends to conduct The Baseline Education Census (BEC) 2020.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the quality and accuracy of the information collected by the Field Interviewers
- Organize, deploy Field interviewers to their work stations on a daily basis.
- Make all the necessary preparation for all survey materials allocated to the team for fieldwork
- Control the field activity for the team, meeting daily with the Field interviewers to discuss issues of the day.
- Initiate contacts with the local authorities to inform them about the purpose of the survey and obtain permission in order to facilitate the implementation of field activities.
- Liaise with UBOS supervisor to ensure the successful implementation of the field activity.
- Edit all completed questionnaires in the field before leaving the enumeration area
- Conduct regular review sessions with each Field interviewer and make a Field progress report to the Statistician BEC.
- Conduct the staff appraisal process for the field interviewers and present the performance report to Human Resource through his /her supervisor.
- Submit duly completed questionnaires to the Statistician BEC in charge of the
- The applicants for the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) Field Supervisor jobs should at least hold a Bachelor’s Degree from recognized Institution with credit in Mathematics and English at ‘O’ level.
- Should have participated in data collection exercises for at least two to three years
- Prior use of computers or other digital devices for data collection is an added advantage.
- Skills and other attributes
- Computer literacy
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Leadership and team dynamics skills; and
- Presentation skills
- Should be physically fit and able to walk long distances
How to Apply For UBOS Jobs 2020 – 160 Field Supervisors:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below.
- Hardcopies shall not be accepted.
- All applicants must attach relevant soft copies of academic transcripts, certificates and relevant appointment letters. (PDF copies maximum 10MB).
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. All tendered in documents shall be verified with the relevant authorities. Any falsification of documents will lead to prosecution and any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 24th January 2020 by 5 pm.
NOTE: No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.