Job Title: 640 Field Interviewers – UBOS Jobs 2020
Organization: Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Field Supervisor
Job Ref: UBOS/BEC/FI/20
Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) Profile:
The Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) is a semi-autonomous body established by the Uganda Bureau of Statistics Act, 1998, to promote the production of reliable official statistics and ensure the development and maintenance of the National Statistical System (NSS). The mandate of the Bureau is the production, coordination and dissemination of official statistics. The Bureau intends to conduct The Baseline Education Census (BEC) 2020.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Administer the respective questionnaire to all selected institutions by interviewing heads of education institutions and collecting the required information.
- Ensure that all questionnaires are filled accurately
- Edit and cross-check errors in the collected data
- Write field reports and check errors in the data collected
- Responsible for all survey equipment/materials allocated to them.
- Ensure the confidentiality of the data collected.
- Submit duly completed questionnaires to the field supervisor.
- Any other duties assigned from time to time by the field supervisor in relation to work.
- Ensure Staff appraisal performance report is submitted to human resources through his/her supervisor.
- The applicants for the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) Field Interviewer jobs should at least hold a Diploma certificate from a recognized Institution and should have Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education with credit in Mathematics and English at ‘O’ level.
- Should have participated in data collection exercises for at least two to three years
- Prior use of computers or other digital devices for data collection is an added advantage.
- Skills and other attributes
- Computer literacy
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Good inter-personal skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Leadership and team dynamics skills; and
- Presentation skills
- Should be physically fit and able to walk long distances
How to Apply For UBOS Jobs 2020 – 640 Diploma Field Interviewers:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below.
- Hardcopies shall not be accepted.
- All applicants must attach relevant soft copies of academic transcripts, certificates and relevant appointment letters. (PDF copies maximum 10MB).
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. All tendered in documents shall be verified with the relevant authorities. Any falsification of documents will lead to prosecution and any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 24th January 2020 by 5 pm.
NOTE: No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.