Job Title: Graduate Intern – UCU Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Uganda Christian University
Dept: Honours College
Uganda Christian University (UCU) Profile:
We were founded when the historic Bishop Tucker Theological College was promoted as a university in 1997. Bishop Tucker Theological College trained clergy and educators during its 84-year history from 1913-1997. The local chief, Hamu Mukasa, granted land for the college to operate in Mukono. International partnerships were part of the College’s missionary history. The Church Mission Society teamed with Ugandan leaders and others to assure the College had the necessary intellectual and other capital. By the late 1990s, the Church of Uganda sought to have a broader impact on society through higher education – not only of the clergy but of other professionals as well. Uganda Christian University was established in 1997
The general purpose of the Graduate Intern is to assist the Coordinator in ensuring the smooth daily operations of Honours College and offering both academic mentoring to students and administrative support.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree (at least 2:1) in from Uganda Christian University (Must have graduated not earlier than 2016).
- Must be have been a student of Honours College.
- Must have excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Internet.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have good interpersonal skills especially when dealing with students, staff and visitors.
- Must be a person of high integrity with an excellent working ethic.
- Must be a committed and practicing Christian
Roles and Responsibilities
- Orienting new students into the academic life of the Honours College.
- Follow up on the students’ academic responsibilities.
- Offer emotional, social, and other forms of support bearing to students’ academic welfare.
- Reading & offering necessary assistance in writing advanced assignments.
- Handling applications and other correspondences related to recruitment of students
- Receiving students and other correspondences related to recruitment of students
- Receiving students work.
- Any other official duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
How To Apply For UCU Uganda Jobs 2020 – No Experience Graduate Intern
Upload an application letter together with updated Curriculum Vitae and three references; Copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts. Only online applications will be accepted.
Deadline: 31 January 2020.