Job Title: Project Assistant – CDFU Jobs 2020
Organization: Communication for Development Foundation Uganda (CDFU)
Communication for Development Foundation Uganda (CDFU) Profile:
Communication for Development Foundation Uganda (CDFU) is a non-governmental organization that provides Development Communication services aimed at influencing positive behaviours for the social development of men, women and children. CDFU is implementing Make Happiness Not Violence Campaign as part of the Joint UN Ending Violence Against Women and Girls (EVAWG) project that is funded by the Government of Sweden; and as part of the EU-UN Spotlight Initiative to Eliminate Violence Against Women and Girls. The campaign aims to promote favourable social norms, attitudes and behaviours at community and individual levels to prevent Violence against Women and Girls, and to improve Sexual Reproductive Health in campaign areas.
CDFU is a partner on the USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services in East Central Uganda Activity (USAID RHITES EC) whose goal is the implementation of a comprehensive integrated investment in regional health, nutritional assistance and HIV/AIDS programs. This five-year activity targets 13 districts in East-Central Uganda.
The Project Assistant will work closely with SBCC Officer to provide Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) to support program activities in Iganga cluster in order to realize the project objectives. Support multimedia activities, effective community mobilization through coordinating with district health teams, community groups and VHTs, community mobilization, monitoring, implementing and documentation of SBCC activities according to plan. The Project Assistant will participate in documentation of success stories, and preparation of program reports as necessary. She/He will report to the SBCC Officer based at the district.
- The ideal candidate must hold at least a Bachelors degree in Communication, Health, Social Sciences, Population Studies or related field.
- Must have at least one year of experience in implementing Social and Behaviour Change Communication (SBCC) interventions.
- Demonstrate knowledgeable practice of working with districts, non-governmental or community-based organizations or government departments.
- Must have experience working at the community level to implement BCC interventions. Have excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to work as a team player. Demonstrate good interpersonal communication.
- Good presentation and writing skills. Computer skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to speak and understand Lusoga local languages will be an added advantage.).
How To Apply For CDFU Jobs 2020 – Project Assistant:
All Interested and qualified candidates should either a) hand-deliver their applications addressed to:
The Head of Human Resource
Communication for Development Foundation Uganda (CDFU)
P. O. Box 8734, Plot 105, Kiira Road,
Or send to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (PDF format maximum 6 pages)
While we thank all applicants for showing interest; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Deadline: 31 January 2020