Job Title: Position: Data Clerks – Medical Teams International Jobs
Organization: Medical Teams International
Duty Station: Adjumani, Uganda
Work Hours: Monday-Sunday, 40-48 hours/week. May include weekends and public holidays
Medical Teams International Profile:
Medical Teams International is a faith-based organization with the calling of “Daring to love like Iesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world”. MTI-UG has established activities in West Nile, Mid and South Western Uganda. We provide Comprehensive Primary Health Care, Reproductive Health, HIV/AIDS and Nutrition. MTI-Uganda is seeking to recruit highly competent, dynamic and experienced candidates to fill the following positions.
Responsible for capturing reliable and up to date patient data, cleaning data and preparing basic reports to inform decision making at the health facility level.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist medical staff by capturing patient information in paper files and enter data in HIS/HMIS electronic and manual registers on a daily basis.
- Responsible for cleaning data in the database to ensure quality, up to date and reliable information.
- Generate weekly and monthly data reports in accordance with reporting standards.
- Oversee the storage of data hard copies to ensure strict confidentiality in line with MTI policy.
- Mentor health facility staff in data management best practices.
- Perform basic data analysis and make presentations to health facility staff on recent performance trends, organise CMEs with health facility staff to analyse and interpret medical data.
- Assist the Biostatistician in conducting assessments to measure the quality of service provision.
- Other duties as assigned
- Diploma in Statistics, Social Sciences, Information Technology or related field is required
- Minimum 2 years of experience in data capture is required
- Experience working in a health setting and with HIS/HMIS is an added advantage
- Experience working with international NGOs is an added advantage
- Basic knowledge of data management best practices.
- Basic knowledge of health data analysis
- Skilled in using HIS/HMIS databases and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Skilled in generating basic reports and basic data visualisation.
- Skilled in training and capacity building.
- Analytical with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to act with integrity and maintain the highest ethical standards.
- Ability to support MTI Calling and adhere to the MTI Code of Conduct
This position requires work at health facilities located in remote areas with very basic living conditions.
How To Apply For Medical Teams International Jobs – Diploma Data Clerks:
All Interested applicants who meet the criteria should email their Application letter and CV Only saved as your name (Surname First Name) in PDF or Word Only; including 3 work-related referees to;
Indicate your Salary expectation/ current or previous salary/Notice Period; at the bottom of your CV3. INDICATE CLEARLY IN THE SUBJECT LINE: Position Ref No. ONLY.4.
Do not attach your Academic transcripts. They will be requested if you are shortlisted.
Only online applications will be accepted. Your application will be reviewed if you have fulfilled all the requirements including submission of file types such as MS Word, PDF.
Deadline of this Job: 31 January 2020
The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of staff in this position. Duties, responsibilities and skills are also subject to change based on the changing needs of the job, department or organization. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by Medical Teams International as the requirements of the job change.
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.