Job Title: Field Assistant – Mothers2mothers (m2m) Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Mothers2mothers (m2m) Uganda
Duty Station: Jinja.
Report To: The Case Management Officer
Mothers2mothers (m2m) Uganda Profile:
mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across eight sub-Saharan African countries. m2m trains, employs and helps empower HIV-positive women to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities. Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families. Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence.
m2m has received a 1-year sub-award to implement the USAID/Uganda BETTER OUTCOMES for Children and Youth in Eastern and Northern Uganda in the districts of Iganga and Jinja. The goal of the project is to improve the wellbeing of Children and Youth orphaned and made vulnerable by HIV and other adversities in Eastern and Northern Uganda.
The Field Assistant (FA) will provide overall sub-county leadership and managerial responsibility. The FA will manage the day-to-day oversight of the project activities in the sub-county mainly technical with a 20% administrative role.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Programme Development and Administrative Support
- The FA will assist the Case Management Officer in project management, monitoring, reporting, developing and maintaining partnerships to meet project objectives in the sub-county; and work closely with local partner organizations in the sub-county.
- Provide guidance to the CBTs, DBTs and PSWs in planning, implementation, and monitoring of project activities in the sub-county. Work with the District Coordinators and Technical Officers to ensure an integral approach during implementation of project interventions.
- Oversee technical issues related to economic strengthening, Systems strengthening and Case Management within the sub-county
- Actively participate/lead organizing periodic meetings at the sub-county level including monthly case conferencing, review meetings, SOVCCs and Council.
- Support timely development of work plans by assisting in the planning, organizing, and the preparation of sub-county level periodic work plans and budgets.
- Maintain a central role in implementing the BETTER OUTCOMES in the sub-county, including ensuring project sub-county targets are met, as well as identifying and developing new initiatives that strengthen and deepen programming.
- Participate in CBT, DBT and PSW activities including attending group based activities and Household visits.
- Coordinate timely development and submission of project periodic reports.
Human Resource Management
- Manage an innovative, informed, motivated and efficient team at the sub-county that includes DBTs, CBTs and PSWs.
- Support supervision, mentorship and coaching of DBTs, CBTs and PSWs to perform their roles effectively and efficiently
- Works with District Coordinator, Technical Officers and other project staff to ensure field activities are well supported in the sub-county
- Works with the CDO to maintain the sub-county office/space and ensure all property is kept safe
- Manages and coordinates all events at the sub-county
- Diploma in Social work, Development Studies, Education or Community Psychology.
- A Bachelors degree is an added advantage
- Training in Child Protection, Project Planning & Management and Counselling will be an added advantage
- At least 1 years’ experience in working with Child protection focused projects and OVC programming.
- Experience with implementing OVC interventions, knowledge of HIV/AIDS service delivery among positive caregivers and children
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Fluency in the Knowledge of the local language
- Fluent in oral and written English and Good writing skills
- Ability to work in a challenging environment, under high pressure and ability to cope with tight deadlines;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of an interdisciplinary team.
How to Apply For Mothers2mothers Uganda Jobs – Diploma Field Assistant:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below.
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.