Job Title: IT Certification Management Trainee – NITA-U Jobs 2020
Organization: National Information Technology Authority – UGANDA (NITA-U)
The Government of Uganda has secured funding from the International Development Association (IDA) to finance various activities under the Regional Communications Infrastructure Program (RCIP). The Regional Communication Infrastructure Program (RCIP) Uganda will complement existing country ICT and e-government Infrastructure
initiatives by helping boost the already existing e-government infrastructure and bridge the financing and technical gaps. It is intended that part of the proceeds of this credit, will be applied to eligible payments for the services of a Communications Officer.
The National Information Technology Authority – Uganda (NITA-U) is the Implementing Agency for the project, through a Project Implementation Office (PIO). Applications are hereby invited from eligible, suitably qualified and experienced persons for the vacant position of Communications Officer to be based at the PIO at NITA-U Headquarters.
The IT Certification Management Trainee will be responsible for supporting the operational and administrative activities under the IT Certification function in NITA-U.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support implementation, maintenance and enforcement of Regulations, Standard Operating Procedures, policies and processes for IT Certification.
- Support planning, scheduling, conducting and reporting of Conformity Certification Audits and Surveillance Audits as per applicable Regulations and Standards.
- Support the execution of corrective and preventive action to close non-conformities identified and raised during Audits and Inspections.
- Provide support to the complaints and appeals handling process in liaison with the NITA-U Service Desk in accordance with set standards.
- Conduct training and awareness related to IT Certification.
- Provide periodic reports on the implementation of IT Certification.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders on IT Certification.
- Perform any other duties, which may be assigned from time to time.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Telecommunications Engineering or a closely related field;
- Certification in ITIL is an added benefit.
- A minimum of one (1) year’s working experience in Information Technology related field.
- Experience in compliance, auditing, inspection, certification or quality assurance in a reputable Public or Private Organization is an added advantage;
- Ability to analyse and interpret data, laws, standards and regulations;
- Experienced in IT Certification processes i.e. conducting conformity certification audits and surveillance for IT service providers.
- Excellent planning, management and communication skills (Oral, Written, Presentation).
How To Apply For NITA-U Jobs 2020 – IT Certification Management Trainee:
Interested applicants who meet the job requirements/specifications and with the right personal attributes are invited to complete and submit their job application form (attached herewith), with a cover letter, supported by curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials, and must specify day time telephone contact, postal and email addresses of both the applicant and three referees.
Applicants must also submit with their application verifiable evidence supporting previous relevant appointments such as appointment letters and employment contracts.
No application will be accepted without a duly completed and signed standard application form (referred to above).
Please indicate the position being applied for on top of the envelope.
The Executive Director
National Information Technology Authority – UGANDA (NITA-U)
Palm Courts, Plot 7A, Rotary Avenue (former Lugogo bypass)
P.O. Box 33151, Kampala, Uganda
Tel: 0417 801 038
Or via email: email@example.com (application shouldn’t be more than 10MB)
Deadline: 14 February 2020.
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.