Job Title: 30 Enumerators – AVSI Foundation Jobs
Organization: AVSI Foundation
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Data Officer
AVSI Foundation Profile:
AVSI is an international NGO with headquarters in Italy, which has been active in Uganda since 1984. Its current activities are focused in the areas of education, health, livelihoods, and protection, nutrition and refugee programs in Uganda.
AVSI is leading a consortium comprising of AVSI Foundation, Arua Municipal council and Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) to implement the RMM project in Arua District. The overall goal of the project is to strengthen the structural and institutional mechanisms for the reception, management and integration of involuntary migrants in Arua Municipal Council.
The Enumerators will be responsible for field data collection of all the Assessments for the specified period.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants must at least hold Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education with credit in Math and English at ‘O’ Level as a must or its Equivalent
- At least one year of cumulative experience in conducting field based data collection in Humanitarian and development context
- Experience in Use of tablets and/or electronic devices for data collection;
- MUST be a current resident of Arua Hill and River Oli or neighbouring villages.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to write reports
- Cultural sensitivity, patience and flexibility
- Required Language: English fluency with excellent oral and writing skills is required. Knowledge of Kiswahili and any of the widely spoken local languages i.e. Arabic, Kakwa, Lugbara, is desirable.
- Ability to conduct interviews and record data accurately
- Knowledge of overall data management is an added advantage
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Attention to detail
- Sound Judgment to identify and report issues to supervisors
- High Quality interpersonal skills
How to Apply For AVSI Foundation Jobs – 30 Alevel Enumerators :
All candidates should send their application letters, accompanied with updated Curriculum Vitae indicating 3 work-related referees, plus copies of relevant certificates, should be addressed to:
The AVSI Country Representative,
P.O. Box 6785,
Should be sent to email@example.com
or hand deliver to,
The Human Resource Office,
P.O. Box 1383,
and Circular Road, Arua.
Please kindly indicate the e-mail subject as ‘Application for Enumerator.
NB: Ensure that your application is received and duly registered in the AVSI application registration book by a fully identified AVSI staff. Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: Friday, 7th February 2020 by 5.00 pm