Job Title: Program Assistant – FHI 360 Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: FHI 360
Report To: Manager.
Performs and provides administrative, programmatic and logistical support duties. Prepares documents and reports, the use of office technology, compiling records, organizing and maintaining files, posting information, greeting/referring/assisting others, mail distribution, and photocopying. Collects and verifies data, summarizes and reconciles information. Coordinates and maintains records management. Serves as a primary resource for assistance in the department.
FHI 360 Profile:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
As we evolve to meet the challenges of the future, we stand committed to the principles that have guided our organization for the last 40+ years. Our work continues to be grounded in research and science, strengthened by partnerships and focused on building the capacity of individuals, communities and countries to succeed.
Roles and Accountabilities:
- Assists program staff with requests from regional and country offices and other staff members.
- Coordinates technical visits, travel authorizations, expense reports, and contract agreements to support implementation of country programs.
- Maintains databases, web pages, and data integrity and security according to quality standards and company policy.
- Performs day-to–day routines independently with own initiative.
- Prepares documents, reports and briefing materials for consultants, staff and clients.
- Coordinates division of workload among other administrative/support staff.
- Assists in the orientation/training of new administrative/support staff.
- Performs entry level technical program related tasks.
- Ensures documentation and reports are tracked regularly and adhere to country and regional standards.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Works on problems that are routine in nature and are standard procedures and policies.
- Works independently and within a team on special non-recurring and ongoing projects/programs.
- Exercises judgment within defined practices and policies to perform duties.
- Decisions made generally affect own job or specific functional area.
- Associate’s Degree or it’s International Equivalent
- Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field.
- Typically requires 0-2 years of programs and administrative support experience.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language as appropriate.
- Prior experience in a non- governmental organization (NGO) preferred.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other handheld devices.
How To Apply For FHI 360 Uganda Jobs 2020 – Fresher Program Assistant:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online by clicking on “Apply Now” Button below to Start Their Application.
Deadline: Open until filled (when the above link no longer works).
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.