Job Title: Receptionist – CRS Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Duty Station: Moroto
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Profile:
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-profit organization that implements the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
USAID Project Profile:
CRS is leading a consortium of 7 implementing and technical partners to run a five-year, $35 million USAID/FFP funded program called Nuyok to build resilience to shocks, enhance livelihoods through improved food security and nutrition and promote maternal and child health for vulnerable rural families in four districts of Karamoja – Abim, Nakapiripirit, Nabilatuk and Napak – which are home to 406,880 people living in an estimated 58,126 households. Nuyok seeks to strengthen governance and gender equity, community capacity to manage shocks and stresses, traditional and diversified livelihood opportunities and nutrition and health (including improved water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) of pregnant and lactating women, adolescent girls and children under five years of age.
The Receptionist will perform the tasks associated with CRS Moroto Office reception to include the management of the reception, telephone records and billing, handling of visitor cards, goods receipt, receiving visitors and in support of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. Your knowledge and experience will allow you to coordinate reception activities, as you apply the principles of stewardship, integrity, transparency, and accountability.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Receive, announce and direct visitors to staff in the office in a courteous manner. Also, as requested, make appointments and take messages.
- Maintain an updated staff and telephone intercom list.
- Circulate copies of monthly telephone bills to respective staff for identification of personal calls. i.e. Mobile phones to respective staff, fixed telephones bills to respective sub office staff.
- Support the implementation of delivery operations from arrival of goods in-country (or local purchase point) to the warehouses and on to the final distribution centers in accordance with CRS and donor regulations and international and local supply chain standards and requirements
- Manage internal/external office mail. Receive/Record all outgoing and incoming mail to include invoices. Distribute mail to respective officers. Also take responsibility for receipt/dispatch of Main office pouches.
- Manage incoming/outgoing pouches to the Regional and HQ. Ensure prompt delivery to recipients and payment to vendors effected.
- Provide secretarial support to the Emergency Coordinator whenever required.
- Receive, register, file, summarize data of applicants using approved format, and submit application files together with softcopy of summarized data to the Human Resource Manager, within two days of closed date for receipt of applications.
- Perform other tasks and assignments as and when required which are consistent with your level in the organization.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Receptionist job must hold a Diploma in Secretarial Studies, Business Administration/Management or equivalent.
- Two years of work experience in a similar position, preferably with an international NGO.
- Computer Literacy in MS word, MS Excel, and E-mail communication.
- Person of high integrity, interpersonal and customer care relations.
- Writing, listening and good communication skills.
- Culturally sensitive and patient.
- The person must be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at a time and work effectively with colleagues from different backgrounds.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team environment
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Trusting Relationships
- Professional Growth
How To Apply For CRS Uganda Jobs 2020 – Diploma Receptionist
All candidates should Email a cover letter and CV only to
Large files and/or scans of documents will lead to rejection of your application, in the subject line of the email, copy and paste – RECEPTIONIST. All applications that do not contain this exact subject line will be rejected and not read.
Deadline: 15th February 2020