DRC Uganda Jobs 2020 – Diploma Finance Assistant
Job title: Finance Assistant – DRC Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Reporting to: Project Manager – Project Support
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Uganda profile
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Finance Assistant – Provide financial and administrative support to DRC and partners as per DRC and donor regulations and procedures.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
Finance and accounting;
- Daily accounting (bookkeeping) according to DRC financial handbook
- Manage petty cash and clear cash advances upon request
- Prepare monthly cash counts
- Maintain proper filing of all financial documentation (vouchers, contracts, tender documents, etc.)
- Cash Box counting according to the financial handbook
- Transferring payments when needed and follows up with partners’ reports
- Follows a given work plan
- Routine record keeping
- Correctly use DRC Dynamics functionalities in area of concern
- Assist with collecting, reviewing, correcting and filing all financial progress reports from the partners
- Support financial report preparations
- Submit progress and status reports”
- Adhere to DRC Code of Conduct and DRC specific procurement procedures within the Supply Chain department
- Diploma or equivalent professional qualification in Business Administration, Accounting, Financing, Commerce.
- Excellent communication skills in English is required
- Fluency in English and other local languages in the area of implementations an advantage
- CPA, ACCA certification is considered an asset
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience.
- Experience in administrative tasks, including filing systems.
- Experience with carrying out admin tasks
- Good communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Basic proficiency in PowerPoint and Word
- Well-developed organizational and planning skills in order to meet deadlines
- NGO experience
- High integrity, pro-active, stable, robust character and a good team-player
- Highly motivated, results-oriented, and well-developed problem-solving skills
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills
- Proven commitment to accountability practices
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and work with limited supervision
- Advanced English proficiency
- Fluency in the local language.
How To Apply For DRC Uganda Jobs 2020 – Diploma Finance Assistant:
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit an updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form accessed by clicking on “Apply Now” Button below to Start Their Application.
Applications close on 27th February 2020.