Job Title: Administrative Assistant – Soroti University Jobs 2020
Salary Scale: (M7)
Responsible to: Dean of Students
Responsible for: Office Assistant
Age of Applicant: (30-40 years)
Provide administrative, Secretarial and records management support for the Department.
Soroti University Profile:
Soroti University is the 9th Public University in Uganda which was gazetted on 16th July 2015 under Statutory Instrument 2015 No 34. The University is located in Eastern Uganda, 7km from Soroti Town on Soroti-Moroto road. The strategic mandate of the University is to offer knowledge and carry out research in fields of Health Sciences, Engineering, Technology, Applied Science, Science Education, Business, Entrepreneurship disciplines and Value Addition courses.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible to the Dean of Students in the performance of the following duties:
1. Managing the office including:
- Liaising with the Estates department and Office Assistant to ensure cleanliness and proper order of all offices used by the Dean of Students
- Keeping an inventory of all furniture fittings, machines and equipment used in the Department and ensuring they are properly used.
- Making timely requisition of stationery and other office requirements.
- Working with concerned staff to ensure the security persons and property within the Department.
2. Performing a public relations function including:
- Acting as a receptionist.
- Attending to internal and external customers of the Department and in particular answer to inquiries and provide appropriate information.
- Making appointments for the Dean of Students.
- Handling the guild affairs
3. Handling documents and correspondences including:
- Liaising with the Registry to ensure a systematic and expeditious flow of correspondence relating to the Department.
- Processing and dispatching documents and reports of the Department as may be required of you by the Head of the department
- Checking and verifying documents coming to or being issued by the Department.
- Keeping track of actions on files that require the attention of staff in the Department and reminding them as necessary.
4. Providing administrative support to training activities in the department including:
- Assisting the Dean of Students in managing and monitoring the Department budget.
- Liaising with other administrative officers and the Estates to ensure that facilities are booked and set up for training programmes, meetings and other activities of the department.
- Taking overall responsibility to ensure that the Department activities are effectively planned for and implemented with the quality assurance guidelines.
- Performing other duties as may become necessary for the smooth running of the department or University as a whole.
- Supervises Staff, assesses performance and identifies training needs and recommends appropriate training.
Key result areas:
1) Ensuring efficient management of training programmes.
2) Ensuring good records management.
3) Ensuring logistical support for training programmes.
4) Ensuring efficient secretarial and administrative support for training and meeting teams.
5) Ensuring effective utilisation of training budgets and logistics.
6) Ensuring good customer care for all visitors to the office.
7) Ensuring Performance assessment is conducted by 31st July and performance plans agreed with Staff by 31st August every year.
- Should have a minimum of an Honours Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Public Administration, Bachelor of Education or Business Administration from a recognized Institution.
- Should have three years relevant working experience in higher Education Institution.
- Should have good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Should have skills in handling students’ problems and welfare.
- Should be a mature person with a positive attitude towards people
- Demonstrated computer knowledge in MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Should have high integrity. :
How To Apply For Soroti University Jobs 2020 – Administrative Assistant:
Six (6) copies of applications should be submitted together with up to date Curriculum Vitae giving details of the applicant’s age, marital status, academic and professional qualification, working experience, present post and salary, telephone contact, email address, copies of the certificates and testimonials.
All applications should be addressed to:
P. 0. BOX 211 Soroti, Uganda
So as to reach the University Secretary not later than Tuesday 13th March 2020.
The Applicants should make sure that at least two Referees have forwarded references (undersealed envelopes) concerning their applications by the time of submission of the application.
Applications can be delivered either online to firstname.lastname@example.org in a PDF format or through registered mail (by post) or hand-delivered.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Soroti University is an equal opportunity employer and therefore applicants of both gender and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.