Job Title: Project Assistant – Windle International Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Windle International Uganda
Duty Station: Field-based
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Nature of Contract: Annual
Windle International Uganda Profile:
Windle International Uganda (WIU) formerly Windle Trust Uganda is a registered INGO whose primary mission is to provide peace and development in communities through promotion and coordination of Education and Training opportunities for refugees and people affected by the conflict in Africa.
With funding from the European Union, WIU is implementing the Skills for Employment Project (SEP) which seeks to build the productivity of refugees and host community youth and young women to overcome livelihood constraints to consequently enhance and sustain their socio-economic status. WIU, therefore, seeks to recruit a suitably qualified person to support the project in the following position
Roles and Responsibilities
Support the enrolment of beneficiaries through verification of needs
Carry out community mobilization and sensitization on issues like the importance of Vocational skills training.
Coordinate with selected vocational training institutions during the training of the enrolled beneficiaries to ensure that the implemented activities are in line with schedules provided.
Support the placement of trained beneficiaries at existing businesses for work-place based learning
Support and promote Child protection and safeguarding during project implementation within the project area.
Promote strong character, leadership and community giveback among the beneficiaries.
Monitor the progress of Vocational Training Learners at the institutions where the project is being implemented.
Follow up on all beneficiaries regularly to gather information on the relevance of the skills training
Keep an up to date register on learner’s attendance and progress at the Vocational TrainingInstitutions
Regular reports on the performance of trainers and tutors
Early follow up on the dropout rates of the selected and enrolled beneficiaries
Initiate student’s requirements under entitlement and forward them to the Project Coordinator.
Properly document all the project activities including success stories within your jurisdiction.
- A degree in Development Studies, Social Work and Social Administration, Education and other relevant courses in livelihoods and humanities.
- Certificate in Technical Teacher Education is an added advantage.
- Excellent planning, analytical, conceptual and organizational skills.
- Proven knowledge of Uganda Skilling the Youth Agenda
- Computer literate
- Able and willing to live, work, travel in fast-paced and difficult environment adhering to strict security guidelines.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- At least one year of progressive experience gained within a humanitarian NGO is preferred.
- Strong analytical and documentation skills in the management of education
- Working knowledge of computers in MS Office, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Good understanding of Ugandan and international Skilling the Youth Agenda.
- Negotiation skills;
- Verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to build working relationships;
- Superior Analytical and Presentation skills;
- Time management;
How To Apply For Windle International Uganda Jobs 2020 – Project Assistant:
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit an updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post by clicking on “Apply Now” Button below to Start Their Application.
Deadline: 24th Feb 2020
NB: No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.