M-KOPA Solar, headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, is the global leader of “pay-as-you-go” energy for off-grid customers. The company was founded in 2011 by former executives behind M-PESA (the world’s leading mobile payment platform) on the belief that mobile technology could revolutionize energy services in emerging markets the same way it has already revolutionized the delivery of communications and financial services.
- Booking bank payments in accordance with the M-KOPA approved chart of accounts by D+1 after the payments are affected.
- Processing mobile money payments which involve verifying requisitions, commissions, utility payments and customer refunds in line with the MKOPA SLAs.
- Manage Fixed Asset Register that involves booking company assets and ensuring relevant depreciation rates are applied; reconciling the fixed asset register to the general ledger by D+1 after month-end.
- Preparing reports; regards budget variance analysis and performance reports to business partners in Admin and Logistics with the aim of giving stakeholders visibility on their performance.
- A relevant qualification in accounting/mathematics/statistics (bachelors or professional course) Enrolled in CPA/ACCA.
- Aptitude for numbers.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strives for attaining process efficiencies cost optimization strategies.
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit an updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post by clicking on “Apply Now” Button below to Start Their Application.