Job Title: Junior Project Ofﬁcer (EnDev & ESDS) – GIZ Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Gesellschaft fiir Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Reports to: Programme Manager EnDev & ESDS Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala (with occasional travels within Uganda)
Ref. NO: GIZ- EnDeV&ESDS/JPO/022016 .
GIZ Energising Development (EnDev) is a global multi-donor partnership implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft fiir Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) that facilitates access to modern energy services in 25 countries worldwide. In Uganda, EnDev, under the Promotion of Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Programme (PREEEP) cooperates closely with the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development (MEMO). EnDev Uganda promotes access to modern energy services to Ugandan households, social institutions and SMEs through market development and private sector support for improved cookstoves (ICS) and household solar products.
GIZ Energy Solutions for Displacement Settings (ESDS) is a global project, funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). lt seeks to improve the energy supply in refugee settlements and host communities.
EnDev & ESDS is recruiting a Junior Project Officer to support the programme.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Junior Project Officer will;
• Assist the Projects Manager in daily ofﬁce operations.
• Support ﬁeld work, monitoring and research for the project teams.
• Support the teams in communication tasks (coordination with project partners, development of presentations, overview documents and redesigning the EnDev technology exhibition area).
• Assist in preparation, implementation and documentation of events, meetings, workshops, ﬁeld visits and conferences.
• Support information management by uploading documents, reviewing databases.
• Should be ready to travel around the country.
• Undertakes further job training related to his/her position and duties, if required.
• Performs other duties and tasks at the request of projects management
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant specialisation and qualiﬁcation, in energy-related areas or similar.
• Preferably 1-3 years of professional experience in a comparable work area.
• Knowledge of access to energy (cooking and electricity) and development agencies’ work.
• Experience with administrative processes, procurement, logistics, event management.
• Experience in event organisation, communication and coordination.
• Experience In supporting procurement and other administrative tasks.
• Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office).
• Excellent communication skills and team spirit.
• Excellent knowledge of English; other Ugandan local languages are an asset.
• Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed.
• Capacity to work under pressure on several assignments at the same time is essential.
How To Apply For GIZ Uganda Jobs 2020 – Junior Project Ofﬁcer
All interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply by submitting their application and CV along with the contacts of three professional referees to the:
Director, future options Consulting ltd,
by email: email@example.com quoting the position you are applying for and reference number as the subject.
Deadline: 8th of March 2020, 5:00 pm.
Disclaimer: GIZ DONT NOT charge any kind of FEEs at whichever stage of the recruitment process. This recruitment is ONLY through Future Options Consulting Ltd.