Job Title: Finance Assistant – Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Mercy Corps Uganda
Reports Directly to Finance Officer
Duty Station: Gulu.
Program / Department Profile:
The Mercy Corps Finance Department is responsible for all financial functions in Uganda, including accounting, payments and banking, payroll, budgeting, financial reporting, and grant financial management and compliance. The Mercy Corps Finance Department ensures compliance with donor regulations as well as Mercy Corps’ internal policies and procedures. In its role as a support to the Programs and other Departments, the Finance Department provides timely reports and assistance to all departments, senior management and HQ to ensure that financial resources are used efficiently and effectively.
Working in the Finance Department under the direction of Finance Officer/senior Finance officer, the field finance assistant is responsible for management and safety of assigned field office Cash, Mobile money and other assets. He/she is also responsible for compliance with Donor and MC internal policies and timely submission of quality reports as required. .
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Manage the office cash, Mobile Money (MM) and other assets, ensure they are in a secure and protected place.
• Make sure all required documents are attached; calculations are correct, appropriate approvals and reviews made per the AAM before payment of any cash or bank payments.
• Keep a record of all cash, bank and advances on an excel worksheet, update every day and reconcile daily.
• Do cash count weekly, monthly and whenever needed with Senior Finance Officer, Director of Programs, Finance Director, Country Director and official auditors directed by the supervisor.
• Make accurate daily entry of field cash transactions to the accounting software under the supervision of the finance officer
• Make copies of all cash and Bank documents to be maintained at the field office and Submit to Kampala original copies on a weekly basis as per the transaction entered in the system
• Ensure all transactions are well coded following the standard chart of accounts and coded budget
• Make payments for approved and financially reviewed Online payments for field
• Manage the bank relations in liaison with the FC/SFO as required e.g. Bank A/c Data, Bank statement, signatory/Agent changes, A/c opening/closing etc.
• Maintain finance IN/OUT document tracker, generate and submit quarterly document processing reports to management
• Follow up on vendor receipts/proof of payment and ensure they are attached on respective payments documents
• Maintain an updated Advance register, ensure staff advances are cleared within limits as per MC policy
• Stamping all transaction with PAID and CLEARED stamp respectively as per policy
• Receive all documentation from other departments for financial review and as well track and update all documentation in and out of finance department
• Any other tasks to be assigned by the supervisor.
Ethics and Integrity:
All Mercy Corps staff are expected to behave ethically and demonstrate the highest integrity in their professional and personal life. Mercy Corps has zero-tolerance to any form of fraud, corruption, abuse, harassment or exploitation. Any breach of our policies or misconduct will lead to disciplinary action or may lead to termination.
Knowledge and Experience
• A bachelor’s degree in finance or Accounting
• 2+years’ experience as a cashier, finance assistant and/or accountant.
• International NGO/PVO experience is preferred.
• Accounting skills and experience in general ledger, journal entries, payroll, cash/bank mgt.
• Computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel and accounting software experience.
• Excellent oral and written English skills
• Willing to travel to Mercy Corps offices and take temporary assignments.
An ability to support programmatic objectives with timely and meaningful financial information is essential. A demonstrated ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and process information in support of changing program activities is necessary. An impeccable professional standard of finance and procurement ethics, as well as the willingness and ability to enforce compliance with Mercy Corps and donor policies and procedures, is essential.
How To Apply For Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2020 – Finance Assistant:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply by using the “Apply Now” button below.
Deadline: 04 March 2020