Job Title: Receptionist – UNFPA Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
The Receptionist will prove front desk services and telephone communication services. The post is located in Uganda Country Offices (CO) and under the overall guidance of the UNFPA representative, he/she reports directly to the Human Resources/Admin Analyst.
You will provide front desk services; provide administrative and logistical support and backstopping the registry functions.
United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) Profile:
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. The Government of Uganda – UNFPA Eight Country Program (CP8) spells out UNFPA’s priorities in Uganda. The country programme focuses on four outcomes;
(i) Sexual and reproductive health,
(ii) Adolescents and youth,
(iii) Gender equality and women’s empowerment and
(iv) Population dynamics.
The programme targets service delivery, capacity building, advocacy, policy engagement, and 1 knowledge management at the national level and strengthening of service delivery across 25 districts. Programme implementation is coordinated from the head office in Kampala by 65 staff and supported by 15 staff across seven field offices.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Ensure the provision of front-desk service and telephone communication services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Monitoring of all incoming visitors to the office; assistance to visitors by
- Providing directions and accurate information related to UNFPA;
- Operation and management of the telephone switchboard in accordance with appropriate protocol; answering and forwarding phone calls, screening phone calls.
- Daily test of main line in use and report in case of failure
- Manning and Management of the front desk. Keeping the reception area tidy, maintain and organize reading material
Provides administrative and logistical support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support in managing bookings of the conference rooms- Booking Meetings.
- Support in provision of consumables for meeting when requested.
- Collection and update of UN staff information on a monthly basis, ensuring all data and information is correct and accurate
- Handling of publications as they are delivered by suppliers and directing them appropriately to IOM
Performing back-stopping Registry functions for receipt and distribution of mails and updating Registry records:
- Dispatch and receipt of both incoming/outgoing mail
- Maintenance of files for of official documents in the Chrono files
- Maintenance of courier service contacts who will at times handle outgoing/incoming mail.
- Performs clerical work related to administrative services such as sorting, filing, photocopying including collection and delivery of mail or documents;
- Opening of new subject files as required and disposal of old files in accordance with the established retention schedule.
- Maintenance of archives, making sure files are properly stored and accessible; safe keeping of documents.
- Establishment and maintenance of records system of file movements within the office; maintenance of the office circulation and reading files as well as News Papers.
- Preparation of correspondence and reports related to registry activities.
- Under the guidance of supervisor, maintain operations and registry files duly updated, and transfer non-current electronic and physical files to the archives;
- Register and classify electronic and physical incoming and outgoing documents and publications by subject, scanning as necessary, with a view to efficient handling of all documents;
- Maintain postage register of all out-going mail
- Ensure the regular preparation of pouch and dispatch of documents to all destinations;
- Provide logistical support to preparations of conferences, workshops and retreats;
- Manning the CO reception area including setting up conference calls, managing incoming and out-going telephone calls and operating the PABX system
- Circulate UNFPA publications to relevant Government and other recipients
- Ensure replenishment and record keeping of stationery and initiate request for purchase of stationery and other office upkeep items;
- Manage courier systems and where staff do personal transactions, follow up with Units to ensure reimbursement of the courier charges
- Schedule and maintain minutes for the operations meetings.
- Performs other duties as required by the CO
- Completed Secondary Level Education required.
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role.
- Fluency in oral and written English essential. Knowledge of local languages is an asset
- Exemplifying integrity
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system.
- Embracing diversity in all its forms.
- Embracing change
How To Apply For UNFPA Uganda Jobs 2020 – A level Receptionist:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply by using the “Apply Now” button below and look through the list of jobs on that list for: “National Post Receptionist SB2 Kampala”.
Deadline: 08 March 2020.