Job Title: Legal Officer – RHSP Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP)
Duty Station: Kalisizo.
Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) Profile:
Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) is a collaborative biomedical research and service delivery organization. RHSP strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community-based research, curative services and prevention strategies in the districts of Southcentral Uganda.
The incumbent will play a leading role in both long term strategic planning processes as well as in short term project planning. The Legal Officer will provide key legal expertise, including offering legal guidance to various sections in RHSP, Policy development and standard-setting and monitoring new developments. He/ she will Forge strong partnerships and collaboration with local governmental and non-governmental organizations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide legal advice on regulatory and legal matters for RHSP operations and innovations.
Review and draft major contracts as well as developing templates and standard commercial agreements across our different geographical and operational areas of work
• Support contract negotiation and collaborate with business teams on developing effective relationships with contractors and vendors
• Perform due diligence and risk assessment on all major transactions
• Maintain and manage relationships with outside counsel, vendors, and other organizational partners
• Support our internal investigations team as needed.
• Advise human resources teams on employment law requirements
• Advise on and institute systems for external compliance
• Develop internal policies and standard operating procedures for managing legal and operational risk across different areas of business and operations
• Law degree from a top university, PGD Legal Practice.
• Must be an enrolled advocate of High Court of UG with Valid practicing certificate
• 2 years of legal work experience preferably as an associate/partner with an in-house legal team or international law firm.
• High degree of professional flexibility and ability to coordinate many unrelated projects at the same time.
• You need to be very comfortable working across all areas where RHSP needs legal support and mixing those areas daily.
• Highly professional and commercial approach to problem-solving. We operate as a business and need to facilitate transactions in a proactive and efficient manner.
• Proven ability to manage complex transactional work in a corporate, non-profit or in-house practice setting.
• A strong team work ethic and excellent people skills. We have a big team and are looking for someone to collaborate with to achieve our organizational goals.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills, including both verbal and written communication.
• You need to be an excellent and concise writer who can explain complex legal issues to non-lawyers a quick and accurate manner.
• A willingness to commit to living in Kalisizo with frequent travel to rural areas for at least two years this is a long-term, career-track position and a great opportunity to step in as a senior legal member of a quickly growing team.
How To Apply RHSP Uganda Jobs 2020 – Legal Officer:
All interested candidates possessing the above attributes can send their; applications including a cover letter, updated CV with 3 referees, and copies of academic qualifications/certificates (One document), addressed to the HR Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email. Only online applications will be considered.
Deadline: 06 March 2020