Job Title: Human Resource and Administration Assistant – AFOD Uganda Jobs 2020
Organisation: Alliance Forum for Development-AFOD Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Vacancy Reference: AFOD/EXT/38-HR /20/001
Alliance Forum for Development Profile:
Alliance Forum for Development-AFOD Uganda is a non-profit, non-governmental organization working with humanitarian and development partners to address the needs of the conflict-affected population, rural and urban poor communities in Uganda to address their real needs in areas of health, nutrition, food security and livelihoods, environmental health, protection and psychosocial support, and research.
The Human Resource and Administration Assistant is responsible for providing office support to the human resources department by maintaining personnel files, drafting correspondence, and performing various administrative functions; Perform various administrative supports to the Executive Director and ensuring that the Country office and all administrative functions are managed effectively in accordance with AFOD procedures and regulations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Human Resource Management Roles
- Organize, compile, file and update company personnel records and documentation
- Preparation and distribution of payslips
- Manage and update HR databases with different information such as new hires, terminations, sick leaves, warnings, annual leave and days off
- Prepare, manage and store paperwork for HR policies and procedures
- Documents and tracks human resources actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Answer employees’ questions and provide requested information
- Maintain schedule and coordinate calendar activities
- Assist in posting job ads on careers pages and processing received resumes; Supports human resources department by screening applicants.
- Administer the reference checklists to referees of the candidates
- Create reports for senior management
- Help organize and manage new employee orientation, on-boarding, and training programs
- Accomplishes human resources department and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Assist in the follow-up and processing of AFOD and staff documents and information, for example, operating license, registrations and permits;
- Coordinate all administrative and logistics tasks with all AFOD staff in a timely and efficient manner.
- Responsible for organizing special events e.g. seminars, workshops, retreat etc.
- Organize and supervise the maintenance of working stations and office space (meeting hall, public area, storeroom etc.).
- Assist in filing and archiving system of hard copies and electronic copies including developing and monitoring a correspondence system with reference structure;
- Regularly monitor the office backup system with support from the part-time/external IT technician;
- Supervise the IT management in the office like the internet, back up, anti-virus, equipment maintenance and movement;
- Welcome office guests and answer all phone calls and provide guidance for external and internal communication.
- Support and supervise all support staff.
- Take meeting minutes, filing and disseminating minutes to all staff members
- Assist in procurement process in Kampala head office and project sites; e.g. booking tickets, hotels, purchasing, management of office monthly bills etc.
- Supervise and monitor inventory of office;
- Supervise and monitor fuel supply and usage, vehicle and motorcycle mileage, generator log book etc
- Supervise and monitor all contracts (Asset insurances, office lease contracts);
- Assist in gathering information for providing security updates to all staff in the head office and field offices
- The applicant should preferably hold a bachelor’s degree in human resources, SWASA, Public Administration, Management or similar relevant field
- At least two years of working experience in a similar role
- Familiarity with labor laws
- Experience with recruitment
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Presentation skills
- Administrative writing and reporting skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Act as a reliable and supportive team member
- Very good listening, spoken and written command of English
- Behavioural: Emotional intelligence, tolerance, politeness, diligence, patience and Result and teamwork-oriented, Positive attitude, possess cultural and political awareness and sensitivity and Demonstrate flexibility, consistency and sound work ethics.
How to Apply For AFOD Uganda Jobs 2020 – Human Resource & Administration Assistant:
All candidates should submit their applications via email
Clearly stating the position, vacancy reference and location in the subject
or by hand delivery to:
Kampala Head Office on Plot 17 Charles Lwanga Road Ntinda, Adjumani Field Office on Kelvin road, the AFOD Moyo Office and Palorinya Base Camp,
Addressed to the Human Resource Officer.
Include a cover letter clearly stating the position, vacancy reference, and location, CV (with 3 referees), copies of the academic qualifications/certificates.
The email attachment should be a single PDF document including the cover letter, CV and academic documents.
Deadline: Friday 6th March 2020 at 5:00 pm.