Job Title: Office Attendant – DRC Uganda Jobs 2020
Reporting to: Team Leader-Shelter and Infrastructure
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Uganda profile
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
Ensure that the office and other work areas are clean.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Sweep the floors and stairs every morning (taking care not to damage electrical equipment on the floor such as UPS, electrical wire etc.).
- Wash the floors, stairs, and other areas thoroughly at least twice a week.
- Dust the desks, walls and cupboards every day (taking care not to damage office equipment on the dusted areas);
- Clean the office sinks, toilets, and washrooms once a day.
- Clear and dispose of the rubbish from the office at least once a day.
- Keep the kitchen clean at all times, including cleaning the inside of the fridge once per week.
- Maintain the garden areas around in the office.
- Inform the line manager of any repairs or replacements required of maintenance equipment;
- Clean the guest house (vacuuming, washing floors, sweeping, clean kitchen, bathroom, etc.) as requested. Complete all cleaning according to the attached cleaning checklist.
- Monthly planning of procurement of all cleaning items to be submitted to the line manager (e.g., cleaning fluid, garbage bags, soap, toilet paper, etc.).
- Make tea or coffee for official meetings/occasions.
Experience And Technical Competencies
- Relevant experience in a similar position.
- No educational requirements.
- Basic English proficiency
How To Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form accessed by clicking on “Apply Now” Button below to Start Their Application.
Applications close on 13th March 2020.