Job title: Finance Assistant – DRC Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Reporting to: Area Manager
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Uganda profile
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Finance Assistant will offer day-to-day financial support to the implementation Financial policies and guidance according to DRC financial management procedures.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the management of cash books for all project budgets and timely submission of weekly cashbook as per cashbook calendar.
- Responsible for cash payments.
- Ensure Area Manager carries out physical cash count reconciled at the end of the week (Friday)/Month.
- Support in preparing monthly bank reconciliation and maintaining an updated bank reconciliation file.
- Support in filling returns (WHT LST and VAT) on monthly basis
- Reviews vouchers before scanning and Supervise scanning of cover sheets and supporting documents and sees that proper filing is done in accordance with donor /DRC requirements.
- Update missing receipt database and share with Supply chain/ admin department for follow up. Ensure to inform Finance officers on log outstanding receipts.
- Assist in internal and external audits
- Ensure to review open X (balance sheet items) for correctness before posting into the cashbook and maintain Cash advice register.
- Support in the proper filling of all rebooked transactions
- Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Part certification in CPA or ACCA
- 2 years INGO or other international agencies experience in finance and operations management in international humanitarian set up.
- Proficient in standard computer applications and various accounting and financial management software. Good knowledge Navision financial software will be an added advantage.
- Good accounting and analytical skills
- Professional, courteous and able to work with abroad spectrum of people.
- Proven ability to manage large and varied workloads, and deal constructively with stress and periods with long hours
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision
- Pro-active, stable and robust character and a good team-player
- Excellent communication skills, calm and a good sense of humor
- Flexible, enthusiastic and willing to learn from others.
How To Apply For DRC Uganda Jobs 2020 – Finance Assistant:
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit an updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form accessed by clicking on “Apply Now” Button below to Start Their Application.
Applications close on 19th March 2020..