Job Title: 10 Research Officers – WarChild Holland Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: War Child Holland (WCH)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Research Coordinator
War Child Holland (WCH) Profile:
War Child Holland (WCH) is an independent and impartial international non-governmental organization, investing in a peaceful future for children and young people affected by armed conflict. We strive to empower children and young people while enabling adults to bring about positive and lasting change in the lives of conflict-affected children and young people.
The Research Assistant’s main responsibility is to attain consent from parents and children to be able to collect data and to collect quality data from children with accuracy, empathy and while observing confidentiality at all times. Data will be collected with an electronic tablet using the Kobo application. The incumbent will ensure accurate quality data collection and reporting using an electronic device with Kobo application.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend and participate in the study training and practice to gain the skills and knowledge necessary to carry out the data collection.
- Seek consent from parents for their children to participate in the study. Seek assent from children if they like to participate.
- Conduct surveys with children following the set prescribed guidelines.
- Enter responses accurately (without alterations or omissions) during the interviews with the tablet using Kobo.
- Liaise with the Supervisor on reporting issues to ensure understanding and to maintain accuracy.
- Record additional data from these conversations by taking notes.
- Complete the number of interviews required per working day (about 6-8 per day).
- Work within a team and have a professional and ethical attitude towards all the research stakeholders (upholding child safeguarding principles at all times).
- Use feedback provided by supervisors positively to improve on data collection quality.
- Able and willing to travel with other research assistants in Bidibidi refugee settlement (transport is provided).
- Attend and participate in meetings when needed.
- Able to work on weekends
- Able to temporarily relocate to Yumbe district.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Research Coordinator in fulfillment of the tasks.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Research Assistant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree or diploma in Education, Social sciences, Development studies, health, child protection, M&E, will be of added advantage.
- One year of experience in data collection using electronic devices such as KOBO/ODK/Survey CTO etc.
- Additional experience of working with children (teaching, tutoring or any other relevant activities) is of advantage.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in conducting surveys preferably with children in the refugee setting.
- Must be able to speak and read a minimum of one local language: Kakwa/Bari, Arabic(Juba) or Aringa/Lugbara) AND read, write, speak and understand English.
- Good communication skills (both reading, writing and spoken).
- Previous research experience in education and/or health with children is desired.
How to Apply For WarChild Holland Uganda Jobs 2020 – 10 Graduate Research Officers:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below.
Deadline: Open until when the above link no longer works