Job Title: Finance Assistant (Rhino Camp) – NRC Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Norwegian Refugee Council
Duty Station: Yumbe
Norwegian Refugee Council Profile:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organization helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
To support NRC field offices and make sure that finance department functions efficiently in the area of financial accounting, management, monitoring and reporting.
Roles and responsibilities
- Ensure that accurate and timely accounts are submitted in the Arua office on daily basis and in accordance with NRC financial policies and procedures.
- Ensure safe custody of an adequate amount of petty cash float in the Arua office, to be issued in accordance with NRC policies and procedures.
- Make all payments after approval by the respective managers and after compiling and verifying the accuracy of necessary documents e.g. Delivery, Cash Receipt,
- Delegation letter, cheque copy, and etc.) of petty cash box in NRC Arua office
- Filing and Entering into computer financial data and maintaining Cash/Bank register
- Filling (Sequential arrangement and labeling of monthly Arua files)
- Stamping (Make sure that all payments have paid stamp)
- Photocopying of documents (copying documents whenever there is a need)
- Prepare and review of payment vouchers and invoices for accuracy and reconcile discrepancies
- Assist the Finance Officer in collecting advices, and statements from the bank
- Responsible for field payments during training and other field activities.
- Recording of procurement data for the tax office
- Minimum of a Diploma in accounting.
- A minimum of two years’ experience for Degree holders and four years’ experience for Diploma holders in accounting and out of those 2 of the years must be with an INGO.
- Good computer skills (word processing, excel, internet and powerpoint).
- Excellent communication skills
- He/she must be committed and willing to works under stress environment
- Should be able to perform tasks independently.
- Willingness to travel to sites.
- Fluent in English and local language.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
How To Apply for NRC Uganda Jobs 2020 – Diploma Finance Assistant
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply by using the “Apply Now” button below.
Deadline: 14th March 2020.