- University degree in Social Sciences (i.e. social work, counseling, sociology, psychology, gender studies, human rights, etc.)
- At least 2 years of experience in working in the social sector, particularly with refugees.
- Experience supervising psychosocial programs, providing psychosocial support or case management, and/or working on gender-based violence (GBV) and women’s empowerment.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills and ability to present ideas effectively, in both oral and written form.
- Ability to communicate sensitively and without judgment; good diplomatic and persuasion skills.
- Ability to use good judgment when making decisions and to take accountability for decisions made.
- Emotional maturity and stability to resolve conflicts in a non-violent way and maintain appropriate boundaries.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to gain trust and build relationships.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks; proven self-initiative and problem-solving abilities.
- High standard of spoken and written English.
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Be able to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments.
How to Apply For IRC Uganda Jobs 2020 – WPE Social Workers:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below.
- This position is open only to Ugandan nationals.
- The deadline for receiving applications is 25th March 2020.