Job Title: Stores Assistant – Busitema University Jobs 2020
Reports To: Garage Supervisor
Busitem University Profile:
BUSITEMA UNIVERSITY FUND (SMC) LTD is a Company limited by guarantee under the sole ownership of Busitema University Council. The Fund was formed with the objective of engaging in commercial investments to generate income for the University in order to supplement government funding. Among the key investments that the Company is undertaking is a dynamic Auto garage/service bay that is geared towards providing exceptional automobile services to the members of Busitema University community and other clients in the region and the country at large. The garage is located at Busitema University’s main campus.
To ensure proper receipt, storage and issuance of stores, supplies, and equipment in accordance with the applicable rules and regulations of the Fund and the University in general.
Roles and responsibilities;
- To supervise the receiving, recording and storing of items supplied in the store
- To receive requisitions and orders and issue stores and supplies
- To take stock levels of the stores and make appropriate reports for replenishment
- To take and verify stores invoices
- To maintain all record of stores received and issued out
- To maintain facilities for preservation, packaging and storage of goods supplied
- To offload obsolete goods from stores and ensure their proper disposal
- To ensure adherence to safety and security procedures for items at the stores premises
- To prepare monthly reports
- To ensure proper procedures of custody of stores keys
- To manage and account for the Fund’s stores resources
- To receive returns to stores
- To send suppliers documents to the Accountant to process for payments
- Any other related duties that may be assigned by the Garage Supervisor.
- A Diploma in Stores Management or Diploma in Procurement and Supplies Chain Management.
- Experience of at least 2 years in a busy organization.
Good knowledge of MS Office
Excellent organizational skills
Good analytical skills with a very good eye for detail
How To Apply for Busitema University Jobs 2020 – Diploma Stores Assistant:
Interested persons who meet the minimum requirements should submit 3 sets of applications duly signed together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae with contact addresses and names of three referees, Academic Certificates and Transcripts, 3 recent passport photographs in envelopes addressed to:
The University Secretary, Busitema University,
P.O. Box 236 Tororo or
P.O. Box 226 Busia.
Applications can be submitted to the Office of the University Secretary or at the Liaison Office at Lincoln Flats A2 Makerere University.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Deadline: Not later than 5:00 pm Friday, March 27, 2020.