Job Title: Driver – Uganda Cancer Institute Jobs 2020
Organization: Uganda Cancer Institute (UCI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Uganda Cancer Institute (UCI):
Mandated by the Uganda Cancer Institute Act of 2016, the Uganda Cancer Institute is an autonomous body, with the mandate to, among others, undertake and coordinate the management of cancer and cancer-related diseases in Uganda. It is critical to the evolution of a National Centre of Excellence, providing specialized treatment and care for all types of cancer using all the available subspecialty expertise possible, as well as engineering oncology-centered research and training.
The incumbent will drive and maintain Uganda Cancer Institute Mamo Van in accordance with the transport policy; and as directed by the supervising officer.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Driving the Mamo van for official duty and assignments;
- Carrying out basic maintenance and cleanliness of the vehicle;
- Reporting major technical mechanical faults to the supervising officer;
- Maintaining basic records regarding the vehicle as instructed; and
- Ensuring the safety of the vehicle while on duty.
- The vehicle is driven as assigned;
- Vehicle cleaned, maintained and minor repairs carried out;
- Major mechanical faults reported;
- Basic vehicle records maintained; and
- The vehicle safely kept.
- The applicant must hold an Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with a pass in the English Language.
- Hold a valid Driving Permit of Class E.
- One year of driving experience
- Must have passed the Chief Mechanical engineers driving test.
- Basic Knowledge of mechanical and vehicle maintenance;
- The applicant must hold a Clean driving record;
- Public Relations and Customer Care;
- Time Management; and
How to Apply for Uganda Cancer Institute Jobs 2020 – O’level Driver:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should submit their applications including copies of their academic and professional transcripts, certificates, curriculum vitae, employment records to the Executive Director Uganda Cancer Institute, P.O Box 3935 Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: Friday 27th March, 2020.