Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant – Uganda Red Cross Society Jobs
Organization: Uganda Red Cross Society
Uganda Red Cross Society Profile:
Uganda Red Cross Society obtained funding from the Government of Uganda through the Ministry of Health to support Response to Health Emergencies in Uganda in the financial year 2019/2020. The Project focuses on Improving Response to Road Traffic Accidents and Relief to Disaster victims. This Program will have a call system linkage with the Uganda Police Emergency line and shall be operated from the National Office to link the Emergency Response team with the Accident victims. URCS plans to recruit 6 call center Operators/Assistants to be based at Headquarters.
The role of the Monitoring and Evaluation is responsible will be to help URCS strengthen its monitoring and evaluation systems and practices and generate evidence-based feedback for project planning and policy formulation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement in collaboration with the PME&R Department and project staff data collection such as KAP surveys, Needs assessment, baseline and end-line surveys, coverage surveys for disaster preparedness and response;
- Coordinate implementation of M&E tools, including training and support for relevant project staff and volunteers on M&E, data collection and analysis, basic surveying and sampling techniques and support data analysis and usage;
- Support project in establishing a community-based gender-sensitive MEAL system with quality data controls using ICT4D and strengthen capacity where needed;
- Ensure the collection of good quality data in order to reflect the progress of programming by supervising enumerator teams and data clerks;
- Assisting with the translation of relevant documents and their dissemination;
- Properly filing and maintaining all M&E documents;
- Assist the project to Develop its Monitoring and Evaluation Framework and Plan;
- Assist to develop result specific monitoring and evaluation framework in consultation with project staff/volunteers, District Coordination Committees, OPM and other stakeholders;
- Based on the framework develop simple and user category wise monitoring format and its guidelines to be used in the monitoring process;
- Assist to implement the M&E framework, guidelines, and other tools;
- Assist to develop reconstruction program wise process, output, outcome and impact level indicators for progress monitoring;
- Assist in the preparation of an annual monitoring and evaluation plan;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Demography, Project Planning and Management, Health Information Science, Social Sciences BUT with professional qualifications in research from a reputable institution.
- Minimum 2 years of directly relevant professional experience in planning, M&E or implementation of humanitarian and development projects from a reputable institution;
- Training in emergencies and relief operations/ Disaster Risk Reduction will be an added advantage
- High level of financial discipline and integrity;
- Analytical skills;
- Data analysis and reporting skills
- Knowledge of M&E principles in public organizations as well as international organizations.
- High professional and personal integrity;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, public speaking and presentation
- Budgeting and budgetary control;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team;
- Organizational skills and the ability to concurrently handle multiple assignments.
How To Apply for Uganda Red Cross Society Jobs – Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 6th April 2020 at 5:00 p.m