Job Title: Administrative Assistant – IDRC Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC)
Duty Station: Mbarara, Uganda
Reports to: Finance and Administrative Coordinator
Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration Profile:
The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) is a non-profit research organization. IDRC conducts research on infectious diseases including Malaria, HIV, and Tuberculosis. Our studies have led to over 300 publications and have impacted on the management of infectious diseases in Uganda. IDRC currently manages over 41 Grants with an annual budget of $11 million. IDRC was established in May 2008 by Ugandan health scientists from Makerere University College of Health Sciences, University of California, San Francisco and the Uganda Ministry of Health.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Organize site meetings by sending out notifications, Agenda, taking minutes and following up on all Administrative action points.
- Provide assistance in policies and SOPs dissemination and ensure compliance and adherence to policies by staff.
- Provide assistance in attending to the needs of visitors, PI’s and Collaborators need when on-site by managing bookings and meeting schedules.
- Bridge the gap between the research team and the Administrative team by quickly responding to needs and requests through emails and phone calls.
- Manage the transport function i.e. planning for journeys, ensure vehicles hired are in good condition and review trip logbooks.
- Ensure proper storage of all records for audit purposes.
- Ensure that the office premises are clean and well maintained.
- Ensure the offices are locked and secured at the end of every working day.
- Assist in the management of the Finance function with support from the Finance and Administrative Coordinator
- Attend Administrative/Finance/HR Skype calls/meetings with the Kampala team and provide site updates.
- Review all documents for accuracy before processing e.g. all petty cash requests have supporting documentation, are approved and are within budget, Vendor documents
- Enter daily transactions in Navision and ensure that entries are correctly posted as per categories and budget lines.
- Assist in the management of the site HR function with support from the Finance and Administrative Coordinator and HR Manager
- Participate in staff orientation.
- Periodically review HR files to ensure all documents are in place.
- Provide assistance in the management of the staff exit and handover process.
- Ensure that monthly reports are submitted and work plans are submitted and followed.
- Submit week work plans and reports highlighting challenges and achievements
- Make annual reports summarizing the past year and what needs to be done in the next
- The ideal applicant must hold a second upper Bachelors’ Degree in Business Administration, Public Management and Administration, Bachelor of Commerce, or any other related degree from a well-recognized Institution
- Knowledge of Human Resources and Accounting principles is essential.
- At least 2 years’ experience in an administrative position
- Experience working in a Research setting or NGO
- Excellent Organisational, time management, and multitasking skills
- Must have excellent computer skills (Navision, Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint and
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team and fast-paced environment
- Candidate must have great attention to detail, high levels of confidentiality and integrity
How to Apply for IDRC Uganda Jobs 2020 – Administrative Assistant:
All Applications should be delivered to The Human Resource Manager Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC), Plot 2C, Nakasero Hill Road next to Uganda Blood Bank. P. O Box 7475 Kampala, Uganda OR IDRC
Mbarara Office on Ntare road, Nkokonjeru junction.
All applications must be accompanied by the following at the time of submission:
A current CV, typed application letter, the contact details of three work-related referees not relatives or friends and copies of academic certificates.
Submission of incomplete or inaccurate documents will render the applicant ineligible for consideration for the job opening.
Applications cannot be amended following submission.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted further.
Deadline: 3rd April 2020 at 5:00 pm