Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant – Norwegian Refugee Council Jobs 2020
Organization: Norwegian Refugee Council
Duty Station: Yumbe
Contract Duration: 08 months renewable subject to funding.
The purpose of the job is the day to day implementation of the Monitoring and Evaluation activities across the projects in West Nile offices. He or she will be responsible for the data collection, post distribution monitoring, analysis and report writing of the monitoring sessions of the projects.
Norwegian Refugee Council Profile:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organization helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
Roles and responsibilities
- Assist in data collection methods and tools to support programs in needs assessment, baseline assessment, output, and outcome monitoring and evaluation of the on-going projects.
- Assist in data management, entry, and analysis.
- Ensure that a beneficiary accountability mechanism is in place and utilized.
- Prepare and submit bi-weekly and monthly reports
- Ensure proper filing of project documents and reports
- Conduct routine monitoring and follow-up of project activities
- Other activities agreed and discussed with M&E Offices.
- University degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, Information Systems Management, or related qualification. Additional training in M&E is an added advantage.
- At least 1 year of experience in an NGO preferably in humanitarian settings.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders, mainly communities effectively.
- Ability to receive and handle confidential and sensitive information (highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential)
- Computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, and SPSS)
- Knowledge of digital data collection platforms (KOBO Collect)
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Planning and delivering results
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- Patient, flexible and creative.
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply by using the “Apply Now” button below.