Job Title: 2 Data Management and Clerk Officers – National Animal Genetic Resources Centre Jobs
Organization: National Animal Genetic Resources Center and Data Bank (NAGRC & DB).
Duty Station: Headquarters – Entebbe Uganda.
Reports To: Finance and Administration Manager.
National Animal Genetic Resources Centre and Data Bank Profile:
The National Animal Genetic Resources Centre and Data Bank (NAGRC&;DB) was established by the Animal Breeding Act, 2001. It requires one of the statutory semi-autonomous bodies of the Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF). Formation of NAGRC&;DB as part of the fulfillment of the aspirations in the National Animal Breeding Policy (1997), document and the Action Plan for its implementation providing guidelines to all actors in the animal breeding and production value-chain. The actors included input suppliers, farmers, companies, researchers, extension workers and civic leaders on suitable breeds for the various ecological and production systems.
To assist in managing livestock data and taking care of logistics and fleet in the organization etc.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Transfer livestock data from hard copy to a digital database.
- Create spreadsheets to track important customer information orders.
- Update various data including customer information, inventory status of items or logistics.
- Organize existing data in a spreadsheet and other analytical packages.
- Verify outdated data and make any necessary changes to records.
- Manage a fleet of the organization including farm machinery and accessories.
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Transport and logistics, supply chain management, Transport and logistics, supply chain management, Business administration, Management sciences or Monitoring and evaluation.
- People-oriented and results-driven.
- Proven working experience as transport and logistics.
- Demonstrable experience with data management and clerics.
- Knowledge of livestock and databases.
- Excellent typing skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should send their CV, applications, and testimonials (including 3 work references) to;
The Executive Director
National Animal Genetic Resources Centre & Data Bank,
P.O. Box 183 Nsamizi Road, Entebbe
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 6th May 2020