Job Title: Field Coordinator – NRC Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Uganda
Job Location: Isingiro, Uganda
Contract Duration: 8 months – renewable subject to funding.
Travel: 10% within the South West Region
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Profile:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Roles and responsibilities
- In charge with the support of the all stake holder’s relationship/coordination management with the area with the support of the Area manager and Core Competency (CC) coordinators
- In charge of the programs support functions/access for programs related/security within his or her area of operations with the guidance of the area manager
- In charge of internal and external representations meetings with the support of the Area Manager in his or her area of operations
- In charge of the bases over all operations managements in the absent of the area manager/Act as NRC representative at field level with the backup of the Areas manager
- Ensure that all organizational policies are understood and being followed by NRC staff in the field location. This include financial, Human resource, security, logistics, standard Operational procedures and Employee Terms and Conditions.
- Oversee and coordinate the management of the Kyangwali support budgets and perform Executive monitoring of the program budget, and ensure sufficient budget management tools are in place for the field office.
- Participate in reviewing and updating Area programme in accordance with the changing needs of host community and refugees in South West region.
- Participate in the Grants Opening Meeting, after action review meeting, quarterly review meeting and ensure the project cycle management is followed by all CC with the project location.
- Ensure strong donor compliance, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and quality control procedures are understood and entrenched in all Core Competency projects and honestly raise challenges and issues faced at the field level to Project Manager /Project Coordinators and Area Manager.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalence is required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a Project or Support Manager in a humanitarian /recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex refugee or internally displaced context required
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Experience with start-up and development of transitional programs from emergency to development
- Experience in setting up emergency operations
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license