Job Title: Administrator – Grant Thornton Uganda Jobs
Organization: Grant Thornton Uganda
Department: Audit & Assurance
Reports To: Audit Manager
Grant Thornton Uganda Profile:
Grant Thornton is a network of independent assurance, tax and advisory firms, we are made up of 53,000 people in over 145 countries. Grant Thornton in Uganda is a leading provider of audit, tax, advisory, and business process solutions services. With a team of over 120 people, we apply strong technical guidance and breadth of experience to ensure that clients receive a truly different experience.
The Administrator – Audit & Assurance Department will provide clerical and administrative support in order to optimize workflow procedures in the audit department. You will support colleagues and audit staff in planning for their work, receiving and distributing information and prepare monthly management accounts/reports and records management. You will be the point of reference for all queries, inquiries and requests and will be an integral part of the workforce of audit division. The successful candidate will also be responsible for serving as link between the Audit and the P&C departments with regard to monitoring staff attendance, performance appraisals, leave management, professional studies and training, etc.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Answering phone calls and redirect them when necessary
- Managing the daily/weekly/monthly agenda and arrange new meetings and appointments
- Attend various meetings and prepare minutes of meetings
- Preparing and disseminating correspondence, memos, and forms
- Typing, formatting and printing various documents using MS Office Applications
- Support and facilitate the completion of monthly reports
- Liaise with the management team and other departmental heads on ongoing work projects.
- Aware of wide range of services offered by the firm
- Understands the sensitivity of client engagements and maintains client confidentiality
- Scan, file client’s documents, and update trackers
- Keep clients and departmental information/data in a safe, systematic manner and up-to-date
- Maintain a cordial relationship with clients and colleagues
- Archive and keep safe custody of important documents
- Monitor staff attendance and time of audit staff on a day to day basis as per the work plan Complete work allocated and meet deadlines accordingly
- Complete any other ad-hoc administrative tasks assigned
- The ideal candidate should hold a Degree in Business Administration or its equivalent.
- Three years’ experience in a similar role in a highly professional and dynamic organization.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- The high degree of multi-tasking and time management capability.
- IT qualification will be an added advantage.
- Must have computer skills and proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint with the ability to learn new software applications.
- Ability to handle clients’ information in a very confidential manner.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Ability to organize own work, and to manage time and resources effectively.
- Required to work collaboratively and cooperatively in a diverse work environment.
All suitably qualified candidates should apply through www.gtuganda.co.ug/en/careers and send CVs ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 30 April 2020