Job Title: Finance Assistant – Right To Play Uganda Jobs
Organization: Right To Play
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Right To Play Profile:
Right To Play is a global organization committed to improving the lives of children and youth affected by conflict, disease, and poverty. Established in 2000, Right To Play has pioneered a unique play-based approach to learning and development which focuses on quality education, life skills, health, gender equality, child protection, and building peaceful communities. With programming in over 15 countries, Right To Play transforms the lives of more than one million children each week, both inside and outside of the classroom. In addition to our work with children, Right To Play advocates with parents, local communities, and governments to advance the fundamental rights of all children. Right To Play is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and has operations in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia. Visit us at www.righttoplay.com
The Finance Assistant reports directly to the Finance Officer (FO) in the country office location. The incumbent is responsible for data entry, processing transactions in Accounts Payable, General Ledger and Accounts Receivable Reconciling Bank Accounts entries and official receipts booklet, compiling vendors’ tax files or payment, and ensuring that all transactions and supporting documents are complete and properly filed.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Job Responsibility #1: Accounting (75% of Time):
- Performs three-way match in comparing invoice with purchase order and goods received note before processing any payment.
- Ensures all documents are complete, with the appropriate supporting documents, reviewed and approved before processing for payment.
- Reviews transaction-supporting documents to ensure that all are complete and properly filed accordingly.
- Ensures that all payments are made on time.
- Follows up on the bank transactions to ensure all processed; files hard copies and generates reports.
- Posts all financial transactions into the RTP Daily Expenses Log (DEL).
- Produces monthly bank reconciliation statements and consolidates these in hard copy for review by the FO.
- Accounts for all petty cash expenditures.
Job Responsibility #2: Administration and time sheets management (15% of Time):
- Provides support to the project team in the project location.
- Collects and submits timesheets to the FO
- Maintains the database for timesheets collected.
Job Responsibility #3: Performs Other Duties (5% of Time):
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- The applicant for the Right To Play Finance Assistant job must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related discipline.
- At least three years of experience in accounting or directly related areas.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft applications, including Excel and Word
- Good skill at using financial software applications
- Skilled in maintaining documentation
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good knowledge of accounting practice, policies, and procedures
- Languages: Fluency in oral and written English required
- Previous work experience with an l/NGO
- Knowledge of DEL
Competencies / Personal Attributes:
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadline
- Integrity and details focused
- Ability to multitask and work within deadlines
- Good analytical skills
COMPENSATION: We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including a flexible work policy (e.g. work from home).
How to Apply for Right To Play Uganda Jobs – Finance Assistant:
If you are interested in applying for these positions, please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org and kindly include “Position + Location + Name” in the subject line (e.g. Finance Assistant, Kampala, Brian Jones). Please indicate your salary expectations in the cover letter.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory police record check as a condition of employment.
Deadline: 30th April 2020