IRC Uganda Jobs 2020 – Fresher Enrolled Nurses
Job Title: Enrolled Nurses – IRC Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC) Uganda
Job Location: Imvepi, Uganda
International Rescue Committee Profile:
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working in over 25 countries around the world, addressing both the immediate and lifesaving needs of conflict-affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.
The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting IDPs, refugees and local communities. IRC Uganda has its country office in Kampala and regional offices in Kit gum Moroto, and Yumbe. The current program portfolio includes health, protection and rule of law, women’s protection and empowerment, and economic recovery and development programming
The Enrolled Nurse will be responsible for ensuring delivery of high quality and efficient clinical services to clients at IRC facilities, ensuring that high standards are adhered to in assessments, handling of emergencies, treatment and administration of medicines according to the Uganda Ministry of Health guidelines
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide information to clients to reduce their vulnerability to diseases and infections through health education both at facility and community.
- Attend to clients and provide treatments as prescribed by the clinicians. Actively participate in the close monitoring of patient vitals and timely informing the clinicians to review when necessary.
- Participate in client referral and transfer process as need arise
- Dispense drugs and other medical items to clients where necessary
- Participate in awareness creation and sensitization in the communities on communicable and non-communicable diseases e.g. HIV, TB e.t.c
- Participate in community engagements such as integrated outreaches and community dialogues when called upon.
- Participate in the capacity building of community based health workers and other members (i.e. CME’S) Participate in the drawing and implementation of work plans for the clinic
- Promote the vision, mission and the values of IRC as expressed in the policies, regulations & guidelines of the Organization.
- Ensure health, safety, and security in your area of operation
- Ensure adherence to good practices of infection prevention and control at work
- Undertake any other duties that may be assigned to you by your supervisors.
- Provide regular feedback to the clinicians on status of the patients
- Assist in preparation of donor reports;
- Participate in the development and implementation of program work plans.
Key working relationships:
Direct supervisor: Nursing Officer.
Technical support: Medical Officer, Health facility in-charge.
Other: Logistics, finance, admin staff.
Govt. of Uganda: District Health Team and other district officials
Other: NGOs, INGOs and UN agencies working in the project region
- Certificate in Nursing.
- Should be registered with a relevant professional body and must have a valid practising licence
- At least one year of working experience in Primary Health Care settings:
- Experience in planning, organizing and coordinating health activities;
- Experience in Information management
- Counselling skills
- Communication skills
- Clinical skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Team-building skills
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2020 – Fresher Enrolled Nurses:
All suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications using the “Apply Now” button below;
Deadline: 15th May 2020
Please note that this position is subject to Donor Approval.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.