Job Title: USEFM USAID Financial Management Assistant – US Embassy Uganda Jobs
Organization: United States Embassy Kampala.
Start Date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (4 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
United States Embassy Kampala Profile:
The United States Embassy in Kampala, Uganda has enjoyed diplomatic relations with Uganda for over 30 years. Ambassador Deborah R. Malac currently heads the U.S Mission to Uganda. The Mission is composed of several offices and organizations all working under the auspices of the Embassy and at the direction of the Ambassador.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The incumbent has overall responsibility for the close-out of USAID/Uganda’s program-funded expired awards, reconciles implementing partners’ records to USAID’s accounting system records, and coordinates with Agreement/Contracting Officer’s Representatives (AOR/CORs), Office of Acquisition and Assistance and USAID/Washington’s Office of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to complete all close-out actions. He/she reviews Limited Scope Agreements (LSGA), Development Objective Agreements (DOAGs), Modified Acquisition and Assistance Request Documents (MAARDs), contract, grants, awards and other obligating documents for accuracy and records accounting strip codes on them into the Phoenix accounting system. In addition, he/she provides technical guidance and/or training to host country and Implementing Partners’ staff on USAID accounting and financial reporting requirements to ensure compliance with USAID financial management policies and procedures. The financial management assistant reports to the Chief Accountant in the Office of Financial Management (OFM).
- A university degree in accounting, finance, or business administration is required.
- A professional certification, (e.g. CPA or ACCA) is desired but not required.
- A minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in accounting, budgeting, financial analysis or auditing is required.
- Level IV (fluent) English language proficiency, speaking and writing is required. This may be tested
- The incumbent must be able to analyze accounting processes and identify practices and procedures that require correction or modification.
- The incumbent must be able to efficiently formulate recommendations for maintaining specialized segments of accounting systems.
- The incumbent must have excellent verbal communication skills, tact and diplomacy, in order to establish and develop sustainable working relations and a high level of trust with mid-level GOU officials when dealing with Value, added Tax.
- Excellent mathematical and writing skills are required in order to prepare regular and often ad hoc reports including data calls from USAID/Washington.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment and to achieve a consensus of fiscal policy and accounting practices is necessary.
- The work requires an extremely good understanding of excel and other computer skills in order to manage the accounting system.
How To Apply for US Embassy Uganda Jobs – Financial Management Assistant:
All suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications using the “Apply Now” button below;
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust Clearance.
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- University transcript
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
Deadline: 27th May 2020