Job Title: 22 Data Clerks – URC Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: University Research Co., LLC (URC) Uganda
University Research Co., LLC (URC) Uganda Profile:
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a US-based public health organization working in Uganda since 2005, is implementing the USAID’s Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services in East Central Uganda Activity (USAID’s RHITES EC). The purpose of this project is to support the implementation of a comprehensive, integrated investment in regional health, HIV/AIDS and nutrition assistance. This five-year activity targets 12 districts in East-Central Uganda with an estimated total population of 4.1 million through a district-based integrated package of quality health, HIV/AIDS, nutrition and child development services.
The Data Clerk will work closely with the facility medical record’s officers to ensure that patient’s records are captured accurately and HMIS reports are compiled and submitted in the DHIS2 and RHITES-EC Monitoring, Evaluation ad Learning team on time.
The job is for a period of 4 months. The persons will be based in Luuka, Kamuli, Buyende, Kaliro, Bugiri, Busia, Namayingo, Namutumba, Bugweri, Iganga and Jinja districts. Individuals from these districts are encouraged to apply.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the facility records officers and where necessary health sub-district records officers and district HMIS focal persons and Biostatisticians to quantify the HMIS and non-HMIS tools needed to ensure sustained data collection at the health facility.
- Engage with the records officers to ensure that best practices of medical records storage and management are implemented.
- Work closely with the facility records officers to mentor and coach other health workers on the appropriate use of HMIS data collection tools for data capture.
- Work with records officer to ensure that HIV care data captured on patient forms during patient visits is transcribed to pre-ART and ART registers and updated in the Uganda_EMR (OpenMRS) on time.
- Compile weekly, monthly and quarterly supplementary data not reported in DHIS2 and submit it to the RHITES-EC Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning unit on time.
- The applicant should preferably hold a Diploma in records management or relevant degree (Statistics, Demography, Computer Science, Social Sciences or Development Studies)
- One year of working experience in data management or demonstrated relevant experience acquired through an internship placement.
- Familiarity with the use of Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of Health Management Information System (HMIS).
- Previous experience with PEPFAR funded programs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High level of flexibility.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Experience in the East Central region.
How To Apply for URC Uganda Jobs 2020 – 22 Fresher Data Clerks
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should hand deliver OR send via E-mail HR-RHITES-EC@urc-chs.com their complete applications with a cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of academic credentials and contact information for 3 professional references addressed to:
Senior Human Resource Officer,
University Research Co., LLC – Centre for Human Services,
Plot 1 Bridge Lane, Mpumudde Division,
P.O. Box 5053, Jinja, Uganda
Deadline: Thursday, 14th May 2020 at 5 :00 pm
NB: While we thank all applicants for showing interest, only qualified internal applicants will be contacted for interviews.