Job Title: Locum DREAMS Data Assistant – URC Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: University Research Co., LLC (URC) Uganda
Location: Based in Gulu, Uganda
Salary: Commensurate with the required experience and qualifications
Reports to: Strategic Information Officer
University Research Co., LLC (URC) Uganda Profile:
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission.
Division & Project Overview:
The Quality and Performance Institute (QPI) is a division of URC that has implemented quality improvement and operations research programs in health care since 1981 and continues to be at the cutting edge of health care improvement work in countries around the world.
With the RHITES-N Acholi Project (Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services in Northern Uganda – Acholi), USAID will continue its support of the Government of Uganda’s (GOU) efforts to improve access to and use of health services in the country’s post-conflict northern region. RHITES-N Acholi Project activities will build on USAID investments and national advances to increase access to and use of high-quality integrated services that accelerate the ability and capacity to respond to the specific health needs of residents in the Acholi sub-region, leveraging the URC-ASSIST project successes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure availability of updated data capture and reporting tools at community and facility for effective tracking of services provided to AGYW.
- Co-ordinate real-time DREAMS documentation, Proper filing and archiving of DREAMS registers.
- Liaise with District DREAMS focal person and Data clerks to track all service provision data from the community in DREAMS implementing districts.
- Ensure timely entry of DREAMS data using the Online system and tablets by peer facilitators in the UDOTS
- Reconcile inconsistencies in periodic data reports and address data quality issues identified during periodic data reviews.
- Ensure timely preparation of reports including weekly DREAMS dashboards to be shared with USAID, management and staff to facilitate activity planning and implementation.
- Conduct weekly meeting with peer facilitators at both community and facility to ensure data from their tablets are complete, synchronized and updated in the UDTS
- Ensure mentorship of peer facilitators on the use of UDOTS offline data entry features in the absence of internet
- Support data clerks and peer group facilitators to track service layering at both facility and community
- Conduct monthly data quality assessments (DQAs) and take part in other DREAMS evaluations as necessary
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- A bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Commerce, humanities and additional training, certificate or qualification in monitoring and evaluation (M&E) or relevant field;
- At least 2 years’ experience in M&E for international donor-funded projects, preferably experience with USAID-funded DREAMS projects;
- Knowledge and experience in DREAMS Initiative, use of UDOTS including data entry and cleaning, data analysis and reporting
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and meet strict deadlines;
- Computer proficiency, including use of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and a statistics package (e.g., Stata, SPSS);
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and mentoring skills;
- Excellent writing, oral and organizational skills
- Experience of working in northern Uganda is an advantage.
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Uganda for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
How To Apply:
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers
You must upload your CV/Résumé and your Cover Letter where indicated. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls, please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Deadline: Open until filled.