Save the Children International Uganda Profile:
Save the Children International is currently recruiting for the Project Officer Livelihood at our Field Office in Rwamwanja-Kamwenge. The Project Officer Livelihoods will be responsible for leading, supervising and facilitating the smooth running of the SCI ECD centre based Savings building on the VSLA model, and Income Generating Activities (IGAs) intended to contribute towards economic empowerment and ECD centre sustainability by mobilizing and building the capacity of parents, CMC members and other stakeholders to establish and maintain successful enterprises. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
To be successful for this role, you will have/bring the following:
- University degree in Business Administration, Community Development Studies, Socio-Economic Development, or another related field.
- At least 2 years’ experience in implementation of Livelihoods projects with the humanitarian program in the fields of livelihoods with at least 1-years’ experience engaging with refugees or other vulnerable populations, community groups in economic strengthening interventions.
- Excellent command of the most common methodologies to identify, assess and monitor livelihood activities, with a proven record of achievements
- Experience in advocating, mobilizing and working with multiple stakeholders, including community groups, private sector, development agencies, government authorities, NGOs and social enterprises, in sub-sectors relevant to livelihood engagement e.g. microfinance, local economic development, micro-finance, poverty reduction, agriculture, livestock, vocational and technical education and training, etc.
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize children’s rights and ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards 3 breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. Please apply online by following this link https://uganda.savethechildren.net/careers indicating 3 referees, two of whom should have been your direct supervisors.
Important to note: Testimonials/certificates SHOULD NOT be attached to application that is submitted online. Hand-delivered applications will not be accepted and are therefore not considered during the shortlisting process.
Deadline: Application closes on May 26, 2020, at midnight Uganda time.