Job Title: Locum Data Clerks (Facility) – URC Uganda Jobs
Hours: Regular Full-time, 40 hours per week
Location: Gulu, Uganda
Salary: Commensurate with the required experience and qualifications
Reports to: District Data Assistants
University Research Co., LLC (URC) Profile:
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication-related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
Division & Project Overview:
The Quality and Performance Institute (QPI) is a division of URC that has implemented quality improvement and operations research programs in health care since 1981 and continues to be at the cutting edge of health care improvement work in countries around the world.
With the RHITES-N Acholi Project (Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services in Northern Uganda – Acholi), USAID will continue its support of the Government of Uganda’s (GOU) efforts to improve access to and use of health services in the country’s post-conflict northern region. RHITES-N Acholi Project activities will build on USAID investments and national advances to increase access to and use of high-quality integrated services that accelerate the ability and capacity to respond to the specific health needs of residents in the Acholi sub-region, leveraging the URC-ASSIST project successes.
The overall objective of the data clerk is to improve data management systems at facility level. This will include data entry, filing, documentation, HMIS reporting, HMIS tools stock status, and data/ performance reviews at the health facility. He/she will ensure that there’s improved HMIS reporting at facility level and use of Electronic Medical Records (EMR) is functional.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
- Ensure availability of HMIS tools at the facility through timely projection of required tools.
- Strengthen use and adherence to standard operating procedures (SOPs) provided by MOH in all data management processes
- Manage all aspects of documentation at the facility particularly complete and timely documentation in the HMIS tools including register updates with no duplicates.
- Keep track of received patients’ files and registers that are used for data record and entry.
- Ensure timely data entry of patient data into the patient level databases including Uganda EMR, HTS, TB databases and perform regular database backup at the health facility.
- Ensure safety of data management equipment e.g computers for EMR.
- Ensure confidentiality of data collected and stored is maintained at all times
- Manage the timely submission of facility reports including weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
- Support records persons, facility in-charge and other clinical staff to analyse and utilize their data to improve patient management and service delivery.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports as may be needed from time to time.
- Manage weekly facility reporting.
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor.
- A diploma with at least 6 months experience and UACE with 1 year of experience in managing HIV data management.
- At least three month’s experiences in data management particularly in the Northern region.
- Experience in data management of health data will be an added advantage.
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Uganda for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
How To Apply for URC Uganda Jobs – Diploma Facility Data Clerks:
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers
You must upload your CV/Résumé and your Cover Letter where indicated. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls, please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Deadline: Open until filled.