Job Title: Fleet Assistant – IRC Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Imvepi, Uganda.
IRC Uganda Profile:
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting nationals and refugees and various institutions in the country notably the government, community-based organizations, the civil society and the private sector.
Reporting to supply chain officer, the Fleet Assistant is responsible for the efficient coordination and management of all transport, fleet, and equipment management functions for IRC’s office in Arua. The position will also be responsible for the implementation of good fleet management practices and policy across all the field sites.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Specific responsibilities include,
- Work with the Supply Chain manager/officer to design a suitably staffed and equipped transport function to support the IRC’s vehicle operations and policies.
- Implement and direct IRC standard Vehicle policies and procedures, with attention to safety and security issues.
- Manage and be accountable for the vehicle fleet, ordering and inventory management of all vehicle related parts and consumables, including fuel.
- Evaluate, manage and monitor drivers.
- Focal point for all purchases in Transport department. Raising PRs for vehicles spare parts and vehicle repairs.
- Manage the vehicle pool (if applicable).
- Ensure that appropriate communications equipment is installed and functioning in IRC vehicles to meet the operational and security requirements.
- Ensure the correct and timely routine maintenance and repair of IRC vehicles and generators.
- Ensure that all vehicles carry the required on-board documentation and that all documents are kept current (including insurance).
- Inspect and record condition of vehicles, by maintaining weekly checklists file and ensuring that Vehicles logbooks are accurately filled.
- Carry out regular training to all drivers on basic vehicle mechanic skills, daily vehicle inspection, drills on safety driving, defensive driving, use of Codan, etc.
- Ensure all vehicles are properly cleaned on daily basis.
- Prepare weekly and monthly report on transport department and discuss with Supply Chain manager.
- Signing on vehicle fuel forms for refueling and keeping accurate record and monitoring system on fuel consumption.
- Work with the Supply Chain Coordinator to ensure that vehicles are prepared for routine and emergency security requirements.
- Ensure that all vehicles are secure when not in use.
- Be familiar with local regulations / laws.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team spirit and problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge of generic transport procedures and practices (IRC or NGO experience advantageous).
- Two years’ work experience in fleet management, at least one year in a supervisory capacity.
- Holder of a valid driving license
- Competent in spoken and written English
- The mechanical background is a plus
- Good mathematical skills.
- Competent use of PC especially spreadsheets.
- Experience in Using HF/VHF radios
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2020 – Fleet Assistant :
Deadline: June 8th,2020.