Job Title: Administrative Assistant – Soroti University Jobs 2020
Salary Scale: (M7)
Responsible to: Dean of Students
Responsible for: Office Assistant
Age of Applicant: (30-40 years)
Organization: Soroti University
Duty Station: Soroti, Uganda.
To provide Administrative, Secretarial and Records Management support for the Department.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible to the Dean of Students in the performance of the following duties:
- Managing the office including:
a) Liaising with the Estates department and Office Assistant to ensure cleanliness and proper order of all offices used by the Dean of Students
b) Keeping an inventory of all furniture fittings, machines and equipment used in the Department and ensuring they are properly used.
c) Making timely requisition of stationery and other office requirements.
d) Working with concerned staff to ensure the security of persons and property within the Department.
- Performing a public relations function including:
a) Acting as a receptionist.
b) Attending to internal and external customers of the Department and in particular answer to inquiries and provide appropriate information.
c) Making appointments for the Dean of Students.
d) Handling guild affairs.
- Handling documents and correspondences including:
a) Liaising with the Registry to ensure a systematic and expeditious flow of correspondence relating to the Department.
b) Processing and dispatching documents and reports of the Department as may be required of you by the Head of the department.
c) Checking and verifying documents coming to or being issued by the Department.
d) Keeping track of actions on files that require the attention of staff in the Department and reminding them as necessary.
- Providing administrative support to training activities in the department including:
a) Assisting the Dean of Students in managing and monitoring the Department budget.
b) Liaising with other administrative officers and the Estates to ensure that facilities are booked and set up for training programmes, meetings and other activities of the department.
c) Taking overall responsibility to ensure that the Department activities are effectively planned for and implemented with the quality assurance guidelines.
d) Performing other duties as may become necessary for the smooth running of the department or University as a whole.
e) Supervises Staff, assesses performance and identifies training needs and recommends appropriate training.
Key Result Areas:
1) Ensuring efficient management of training programmes.
2) Ensuring good records management.
3) Ensuring logistical support for training programmes.
4) Ensuring efficient secretarial and administrative support for training and meeting teams.
5) Ensuring effective utilisation of training budgets and logistics.
6) Ensuring good customer care for all visitors to the office.
7) Ensuring Performance assessment is conducted by 31st July and performance plans agreed with Staff by 31st August every year.
- A Bachelor’s degree (Honours) in any of the following fields from a recognized
i. Social Sciences
ii. Public Administration and Management
iv. Business Administration
- Three years of relevant working experience in Higher Education Institution.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Skills in handling students’ problems and welfare.
- Mature person with a positive attitude towards people.
- Demonstrated computer knowledge in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Power Point.
- High level of integrity.
How To Apply for Soroti University Jobs 2020 – Administrative Assistant:
Applications are invited from qualified candidates to fill the vacancies. A letter of application together with an up-to-date Curriculum vitae, a copy of the National identity card or passport biodata page, certified copies of academic and professional qualification should be addressed to:
The Office of the University Secretary, Soroti University, P.O. Box 211, Soroti, Uganda
All applications should be accompanied by two letters of reference, one of which should
be from a current or previous employer.
Applications can be delivered either by e-mail or by post/courier or hand-delivered.
E-mail applications should be addressed to email@example.com in one (1) PDF file.
Deadline: Not later than 5th June 2020.